New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2019 bike

Lads , got a 2016 bike which I use almost daily & love. I?m headstrong about keeping it.
I really should stop dipping into this thread..
Feel like a ex coke addict following Kerry Katona & Danniella Westbrook on Twitter.
It?s gonna end in tears & costing me dearly.

Lads , got a 2016 bike which I use almost daily & love. I?m headstrong about keeping it.
I really should stop dipping into this thread..
Feel like a ex coke addict following Kerry Katona & Danniella Westbrook on Twitter.
It?s gonna end in tears & costing me dearly.

+1 Lol Rosso. WTF am I doing on this thread? Arrrrrgh. I can't afford a new one. I'm hoping it's tiny so I wouldn't fit on it anyway. Sour grapes...
ps. I love your tyres.

Last edited:

Hey I feel ya if the new one is tiny and isn?t a massive improvement I?d probably look either at a 16 or new 18.

I had no intention of buying a new bike I was very happy with the 16 and still would be if I had it.

That?s the problem with capitalism always wanting the next thing but gotta day I was happy enough with the 16

My opinion / guess is that the 2019 model will have 5hp increase in wheel power and at least 5kg less. It will have the option for DDC/HP wheels and MAYBE a pair of very expensive carbon wheels (HP RACE?). Also new dash (hope TFT color) with standard/optional telemetry and.. that's it.

My WISH is for even lighter bike (carbon frame in the next model maybe) and way better electronics that can be adjusted in higher level if necessary. I am OK with power:nevreness:.

With Euro 4 etc, getting to 199kg wet would be great...without the silly tricks like small fuel tanks.

1 bhp / kg is still a great measure.

- Alex

2019 New Model

From the aforementioned article...

090418-2019-bmw-s1000rr-design-registration-china-04.jpg

090418-2019-bmw-s1000rr-design-registration-china-03.jpg

090418-2019-bmw-s1000rr-design-registration-china-01-02.jpg

if thats what it ends up like pleased i decided on gen 3 this year .

Looks interesting Rys, cannot beleive it will have welded on pillion pegs but obviously the image is light on details, seems to have a bit of Ducati influence in the rear cowl area, where the front has a definite Fireblade look.

All just wee teasers from the marketing machine that is BMW HQ.

Thanks for the link.

JimmyMac

Alpha Racing have published the same.
Not feeling it.
But equally nothing looks right, air intake is small, engine tiny, swingarm thin, look at the rear shock mounting...I am not sure this really is a 1000...
8215eb5b0e4469278d1de9946af4b6af.jpg

- Alex

Last edited:

Looks classic BMW to me. None of us got the Gen 1/2/3 for it?s looks did we? IMO, it?ll be fine in the flesh with a few mods (de-catted, pegs and tail tidy). HP4 race already looking a bit dated, lol.
Now then, what colour shall I choose...

Looking at the positives, that swingarm, if correct has to be shed load lighter, the weight is lower too, all pointing towards a real focus on mass centralization/optimisation when combined with the light weight tail section.

The bodywork isn't exciting and the lights are soo different its hard to accept at first, but I expect it will be good in the flesh.

- Alex

2019 New Model

My deposit has been down for two months now and if it looks anything like the images I will be more than content. If it?s physically smaller than the outgoing model, which looks to be the case, then even better. To be honest I don?t really care what it looks like so long as it goes around a track quickly!

Back