New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if all the new s1000rr variants come with slide control or is it just the mversion?

Anyone know when we are likely to see the first test ride reports?

My dealer said they were doing the launch / test rides for the network in Feb/March on a track in Spain or Portugal so I guess thats around the time when the journos will get their opportunity.

Last edited:
My dealer said they were doing the launch / test rides for the network in Feb/March on a track in Spain or Portugal so I guess thats around the time when the journos will get their opportunity.

Exactly this. :)

Dealer event is late Feb with a few other models to try at the same time. It'll be interesting to see if they allow cameras - I can't see why not, but they can be a bit funny about it.

Tim have you got a spec breakdown to help with post 936? Slide Control...

I?m interested to find out more about this too.
As I understand it, all Gen 4?s have the slide control feature integrated with the new DTC system, similar to how Ducati implement it.

Though I believe further technical details will be disclosed at the launch event

- Oli

From what I understand, it is only the M version. I?m hoping to have a list of questions ready for the launch which I?ll start another thread for :)
I will be asking what is possible to retrofit across the other models.

Gotta say... I couldn?t disagree more.

Saw the bike at the NEC. In the flesh, I think it?s gorgeous. Much better than the photos show. Having had a gen 2 and currently have gen 3, I think the gen 4 in M Sport spec is much better looking.

So so much so, I?ve ordered one.

BMW Motoraad France have the 2019 RR in their website for configeration.
23,525 Eros , that's M pack + Heated grips, Cruise and tyre pressure kit.
Dave

BMW Motoraad France have the 2019 RR in their website for configeration.
23,525 Eros , that's M pack + Heated grips, Cruise and tyre pressure kit.
Dave

Hi mate. Yeah, it?s on the Motorrad UK site now as well. Three specs: RR, RR Sport and RR with M packaage. All have heated grips. Sport & M Sport have cruise and tyre pressure control.

RR ?15,290
RR Sport ?16,700
RR with M Package ?19,315

Hi mate. Yeah, it’s on the Motorrad UK site now as well. Three specs: RR, RR Sport and RR with M packaage. All have heated grips. Sport & M Sport have cruise and tyre pressure control.

RR ?15,290
RR Sport ?16,700
RR with M Package ?19,315

still not able to configure an s1000rr, not working yet

still not able to configure an s1000rr, not working yet

Yeah, I?m not sure there?s much configurable items from what I?m told. Only one colour for the RR and RR Sport. M Package gets the obvious M colours.

The dealer told told me you pretty much buy one of the three variants to choose your spec.

Only been offered 9500 for mine so far. Pretty crap for the spec of it. Looks like i will be keeping it at this rate

what year is yours? Are you taking finance? The dealer I use (bought my last two RR?s with them) have done me a great deal. So much so, that when I asked a ?famous? dealer in the south to better the deal, they rang BMW UK and complained that they couldn?t match it. Mad really.

what year is yours? Are you taking finance? The dealer I use (bought my last two RR’s with them) have done me a great deal. So much so, that when I asked a “famous” dealer in the south to better the deal, they rang BMW UK and complained that they couldn’t match it. Mad really.

We hear this more and more in the network.

Race trim...
47c9b6e57fb379b773037aacf1431f7a.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I wish they made a fairing to cover the ugly cat, especially when you remove it and just have a big hole there. Didn't do it on the Gen 1's or 2's did on the Gen 3's and now don't do it again on the 4s...

Back