New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M sport had Metzeler Racetechs fitted and the sport Michelin cup sport evos.

I thought the M sport was coming with the Bridgestone S22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that the first that you have seen the Gen 4 in the flesh , if so, what did you think?

I went to my local dealer yesterday as their m sport demo was on display. Was so underwhelmed by it cosmetically I've cancelled my order and bought a 2018 instead. Loads of the cheap black plastic everywhere. So disappointed. Others may think differently and I bet its absolutely awesome to ride but I was gutted it just didn't do it for me.

I absolutely love it. Far better looking in the flesh than the pictures and to me it?s a much better looking bike than the V4S and the RSV4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't like the M Sport in the photos. Saw it at the NEC show, thought it looked better in real life, but still underwhelmed by it. Saw one on tarmac at BMW UK a while ago with a dark screen and a few bug splats - looked pretty good, but still prefer the red.

Not such a great review from Bennett's, no idea how trust worthy or like minded these lot are... https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci.../bmw-s1000rr-sport-longterm-review-price-spec

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

To be fair I think this is the most honest review so far, its the first I have read that has tipped its hat to the customers that have been left in the balance pondering on when the investment they have made will arrive.

There is no superbike in production that will impress on the road while ensuring you keep your license, and the fact the writer reveals the shift cam barely gets the chance to come into play, well we should probably have expected something along those lines.

At the end of the day like me most people that purchase a superbike do so to have something that they take pride in and turns heads on the road, whilst at the same time will scare the Sh&* out of ourselves on track.

The comments about limp mode when the electronic systems stepped in a little too much however, I would be interested to know how intrusively they were set. This would be my main concern.

The bike has already proved itself on the roads at the NW200 lets see how it does on the IOMTT, and after I would be surprised if Hicky does not start to get some results in the BSB as he gets a track setup he is comfortable with.

Last edited:
Interesting review. I don't have much time for that site in general as I'm looking for a race bike but I do think it does a half decent job of representing the average biker. Making comments about how the bike doesn't kick ass at legal road speeds is ridiculous as that's the same with any race bike. It is however a fair point that the average road biker just doesn't need what a race bike provides. Providing more torque at lower speeds is what the retuned naked versions of these bikes do.

For sure if it was a 600 you would be sitting 9-12k rpm just to stay in the power band, but at around 6-8k rpm in first gear you are likely hitting 80 -100mph. To hit 9k on a road and get benefit from a shift cam on a litre bike you are doing well to hang on to your licence.

To be fair I think this is the most honest review so far, its the first I have read that has tipped its hat to the customers that have been left in the balance pondering on when the investment they have made will arrive.

There is no superbike in production that will impress on the road while ensuring you keep your license, and the fact the writer reveals the shift cam barely gets the chance to come into play, well we should probably have expected something along those lines.

At the end of the day like me most people that purchase a superbike do so to have something that they take pride in and turns heads on the road, whilst at the same time will scare the Sh&* out of ourselves on track.

The comments about limp mode when the electronic systems stepped in a little too much however, I would be interested to know how intrusively they were set. This would be my main concern.

The bike has already proved itself on the roads at the NW200 lets see how it does on the IOMTT, and after I would be surprised if Hicky does not start to get some results in the BSB as he gets a track setup he is comfortable with.

you're just forgetting that UK is not the only country in the world. All this keeping your license talk is non-sense in Germany, the largest market for BMW I guess.

Last edited:
Today, had my first look at the Sport and M Sport in the dealers. For me, pleased with the quality and ergonomics of the bike. I had reservations about the bronze coloured rear sub frame on the M but looks, imo, great. Plastics around seat are ok, yes not the best but, for me, acceptable. I was looking to cost the Sport black subframe onto the M but no need to now.

Nice little touches on the bike clutch level adjustable (finally) brake reservoir looks better. Like the small BMW badge above rear light cluster, wording on the heel plates and swingarm. Carbon wheels look sublime, now with angled tyre valves.

Now just need to wait for delivery.

Back