New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S
Right, I?m now being told I won?t see my 2019 RR until end of November, I had been told it would be September and I planned to go to Almeria in December to try it on the track.
Looks like I will be taking my trusty 2015 now.
To be honest I?m tired of all the excuses from BMW and seriously thinking of cancelling my order, anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here... I?ve cancelled mine. Terrible from BMW.

Cancelled mine too , two weeks ago. My September delivery had gone back to March - May
Bought another zx10 and will see how things are in two years

im now wondering if i should order mine now, ready for next summer. i did want to wait for the first batch/year of them to have been out to make sure all the teething issues were sorted but i dont think theres been enough ridden on the road yet to iron out all the issues. decisions decisions. :)

Last edited:
I ordered mine knowing that the first gen will always have issues but being confident BMW would be better at dealing with them than most other manufacturers. I'd like to think that this delay will mean other issues wil pop up from the racing which will also be addresses by the time we get the bikes.

Does anyone know of any luggage systems for the new S1000RR yet?
I have seen the saddle bags that BMW have released, I have Kriega US Packs and looking to find a decent way of carrying them on the back of the bike
Cannot see anything listed from the likes of Ventura etc

Does anyone know of any luggage systems for the new S1000RR yet?
I have seen the saddle bags that BMW have released, I have Kriega US Packs and looking to find a decent way of carrying them on the back of the bike
Cannot see anything listed from the likes of Ventura etc

I modified my Ducati 1299S Ventura brackets very easily to fit the Gen 4. Only took 2 small brackets to align the holes that are already there.

706c9d03c7430964f588e05ddcfda0fe.jpg

Nice. I can't see from the picture - do they mount where the pillion pegs would go?

Yeah. Picked up one of the existing holes and just made a small bracket that I drilled and tapped to pick up the other hole. Meant that I didn’t have to alter the Ventura brackets either so they can still be used for a Ducati if I wanted

Excellent, I will look into that idea, cheers :encouragement:

I modified my Ducati 1299S Ventura brackets very easily to fit the Gen 4. Only took 2 small brackets to align the holes that are already there.

706c9d03c7430964f588e05ddcfda0fe.jpg

I tried a new one on demo for half a day on July 2nd,still waiting for dealer to get back to me with a price to change my 2017 RR...personal opinion though I was a bit dissapointed with the new bike,just felt it feels a bit cheap and plasticky compared to my current bike

"noticeably faster" - such a lame review IMO.

which group were they in ? I bet novice.

Michael Neeves review is much more credible.

Back