New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A pad good for the track is not going to be good for the road. By some Z04's in the right fitting and all will be well.

To be fair the names and level of skill testing and pushing the bikes for the whole two weeks I would be surprised if they had enough to keep up.

I would say the positive reviews about the Hayes brakes well out weigh the reports of fade after heavy use.

For sure there will be some sort of financial incentive for going with Hayes rather than Brembo but I am confident that at my level on both roads and track I will be unlikely to encounter problems.

For the money it?s still a lot of bike and I would expect to be another game changer on both circuit and road. It will be an interesting year for both disciplines I would expect.

Need to have a look at what the WSB and BSB are going to be running, not looked anything up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my point is its the latest all singing dancing etc etc etc so put decent brakes on , 20k then its good for a few wet laps not good enough , no excuse at the price cost not to fit brembo decent brakes, this bike will be no more better than the outgoing model half a second at most

Yep 20k bike should be mint full stop.
Also the cheap plastic bodywork needs sorting out too.
Look at Ducati for instance with the carbon bits ohlins and brembo.

A carbon front mudguard and Ohlins suspension come on their S models, which represents nearly a ?5k premium over an M-Sport ...

- Oli

Naughty Oli, posting actual facts! That does not fit with their narrative of negativity on the gen4. I am starting to wonder why anyone would waste their time consistently posting negative comments about the new bike unless they had an agenda to put people off? Weird.

Naughty Oli, posting actual facts! That does not fit with their narrative of negativity on the gen4. I am starting to wonder why anyone would waste their time consistently posting negative comments about the new bike unless they had an agenda to put people off? Weird.

Lol, here here!

And yet they neglect to mention the fact the V4?s had 5 recalls in its first year ...

So for a ?5k premium, you can enjoy beta-testing the bike for Ducati, rolling around on forged wheels, when all those BMW customers are rolling along on carbon with enough cash in pocket to pay for some excellent mods or running costs for a couple years

- Oli

Last edited:
[emoji2957] there will always be some flaw or something extra that people want, yes I will be getting the carbon pack and a Full akrapovic system but in general I look at the work that has gone in else where, the whole bike has been fully re designed and re engineered.

?25k for a V4S. With Forged wheels??

Take the extra ?5650 that you’ll save on an M Sport which includes carbon wheels. Pay ?1500 for the official BMW carbon pack. Frame protectors, rear hugger, chain guard, heel plates, etc. Pay another ?1200 for a FULL Akra system.

BTW the Hayes front brakes on the M Sport are getting rave reviews. Brembo have had loads of recalls in the last two years.

Youve got almost ?3k left over. I know what I’d buy. In fact, I had this same conversation with a good mate of mine who has a V4S. Just over a year old. Been back at the dealers 7 times for various faults. He’s now trading it in against an M Sport.

?25k for a V4S. With Forged wheels??

Take the extra ?5650 that you?ll save on an M Sport which includes carbon wheels. Pay ?1500 for the official BMW carbon pack. Frame protectors, rear hugger, chain guard, heel plates, etc. Pay another ?1200 for a FULL Akra system.

BTW the Hayes front brakes on the M Sport are getting rave reviews. Brembo have had loads of recalls in the last two years.

Youve got almost ?3k left over. I know what I?d buy. In fact, I had this same conversation with a good mate of mine who has a V4S. Just over a year old. Been back at the dealers 7 times for various faults. He?s now trading it in against an M Sport.

[emoji848][emoji106]

few mention brake fade not good so your gonna need lines or pads at least for track use
Conveniently missing the point he made that those bikes had been ?thrashed around the track for a couple of weeks and probably needed new pads? but hey ho.

How many recalls have Brembo had in the last two years? Loads.

Hop onto YouTube and watch the dozens of journos who have rode the bike at the Estoril launch. They?ve all said the brakes are better than the outgoing model. Which have Brembo?s. I know. I have a 2016 Sport. The brakes are brilliant.

If BMW and bike testers say the new brakes are better, why would you doubt that having never ridden the bike? Doesn?t make sense to me.

Negative criticism.
Yeah .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back