New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the specs in an email will post later, the seat height is about 5mm higher than the 2018 model.

Will post the full specs later today [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the specs in an email will post later, the seat height is about 5mm higher than the 2018 model.

Sorry phone got all messed up and displayed an older message which was speculating on the be bike specs.

If anyone really wants them I do have them and will post let me know, am pretty sure most will know them however [emoji13]

Hope not! Am vertically challenged and found the last model close to my comfort limit!!!

The standard seat height has increased from 814 mm to 824 mm.

Standard seat height of M package with M sport seat is 824 mm.

Low M sport seat is 814 mm.

High M sport seat is 849 mm.

Low M sport seat it is then! Phew....

is the standard seat height on the gen 3 not 820mm, only a 4mm increase I was lead to believe?

Last edited:
is the standard seat height on the gen 3 not 820mm, only a 4mm increase I was lead to believe?

Yes sorry the M-Sport seat height standard is 824 mm, here are the stats I have from BMW. Most will have probably seen already [emoji106]

Engine: Water/oil-cooled, four-stroke in-line four-cylinder engine with BMW ShiftCam

Capacity: 999 cc

Max. Output: 152 kW (207 HP) at 13,500 rpm

Max. Torque: 113 Nm at 11,000 rpm

Gearbox/secondary drive: Six-speed gearbox with spur gears/chain 17/45

Brake, front/rear: Double disc brakes (diameter 320 mm) / single disc brake (diameter 220 mm)

Unladen weight, fully fuelled/road-ready1: 197 kg

Standard seat height: 824 mm

ABS: BMW Motorrad Race ABS

That information came directly from BMW. Strangely, I just checked my 2015 Owner?s Manual and it states the standard seat height is 815 mm. The bottom line (pun intended!) is that the new model is taller, which should increase ground clearance.

That information came directly from BMW. Strangely, I just checked my 2015 Owner?s Manual and it states the standard seat height is 815 mm. The bottom line (pun intended!) is that the new model is taller, which should increase ground clearance.

Yeah it?s come from the dealership I pre ordered mine from, I was concerned about seat height especially reading that it suits a taller rider with me being 5,7? and not being able to actually test ride the bike with it not existing...

I see gen4 finally getting its press launch next week, 44 teeth heading out on Monday..

Latest posts

Back