New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the front is still comp/rebound together?

I am certain that I have seen various references intimating that there is an internal sensor at the top and bottom of the fork leg so there is no reason to believe that separate adjustment cannot be possible.
Unfortunately,having spent ages trawling through the web,I cannot pinpoint the references!
Time will tell-either way,at least it appears to be a better system than the gen3 setup.
In any case,ultimately manual aftermarket has to be better.

They confirmed you can switch off the DDC and go manual which is good to know. This implies to me you can adjust Reb/comp separately?

Last edited:
From an extremely reliable BMW source, the new S1000RR's wiring harness has a plug connection ready for a front (2D) potentiometer to be fitted. This is needed if you want to be able to separate the front compression and rebound stages of the suspension. Front and rear preload will continue to be adjusted manually. A shim package will also be available separately in order to alter suspension setup. Likewise, the new RCK will allow you to configure the DDC response from one corner to the next on track.

For those intending on fitting a cartridge kit and rear shock to the new 2019 S1000RR, details of the ?hlins offering is below.

?hlins FKR 100 Front Fork Cartridge Kit
FKR 122
?2,170

?hlins TTX GP Rear Shock
BM 568
?1,356

Availability, and UK pricing, is TBC.

i would have thought they would have upgraded this option, the old one also had the connection ready i believe,

According to BMW UK website:

"The fork is also controlled by means of a linear position sensor with DDC.
Damping is regulated here globally and in traction and compression stages.
The suspension can be manually varied as needed".

It doesn't say it could be,it says it is!

But to be fair most road riders felt the old pegs were not grippy enough so they have responded to that.

- Alex

But to be fair most road riders felt the old pegs were not grippy enough so they have responded to that.

- Alex

I started owning motorbikes pretty late comparing to all you guys here - 2011, but since then the rule of thumb when you buy a new motorbike: replace pretty much every replaceable OEM part that you can think of.

And this is applicable universally to all brands: BMW, Ducati, Yamaha (those that I owned)

Last edited:
Sam goes for suspension,

BMW can go miles explaining how awesome their new DDC system is and how fancy their new UI layed out, but any serious track rider would swap it blindly if offered K-tech/Ohlins free of charge.

Last edited:
Lol just read this;
14f911605c1863687ac7abf50ba6adcf.jpg

- Alex

Well that's my deposit down for an M Sport again, second time lucky!
I'm 2nd in the queue apparently now so should hopefully get one as early as possible.

Latest posts

Back