New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just heard (second hand but from a dealer) that the motorsport colours are only available on the full blown m-sport (around ?19k with the carbons), and other than that it's only the red available. I.e. motorsport colours not a cost option.

Until the configurator is live (or Tim can confirm!) I guess we won't know for sure.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Literally zero interest in m/sport or red.
Hope the 2020 is better.
2 colour options is pathetic.

- Alex

Just heard (second hand but from a dealer) that the motorsport colours are only available on the full blown m-sport (around ?19k with the carbons), and other than that it's only the red available. I.e. motorsport colours not a cost option.

Until the configurator is live (or Tim can confirm!) I guess we won't know for sure.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I find that hard to believe but you never know.

Yeah I was quoted ?19600 for the M Sport today. [emoji15] exactly the reason I bought the last of the old model. They?ll change it next year at some point but for the launch they?ll stick with it. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its actually a consistent complaint area for anyone tracking an M car!

- Alex
Yeah I was quoted ?19600 for the M Sport today. [emoji15] exactly the reason I bought the last of the old model. They?ll change it next year at some point but for the launch they?ll stick with it. IMO

Was that full the full m sport package? Is there options to only add certain parts?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah I was quoted ?19600 for the M Sport today. [emoji15] exactly the reason I bought the last of the old model. They’ll change it next year at some point but for the launch they’ll stick with it. IMO

?19600 doesn't seem too bad given it comes with carbon wheels

I've been told that demo bikes are due in January.

The price/options lists that have been sent to dealers shows the base and Sport models as Red, and the M Sport as M Sport colours, with no options to change the colour. However, BMW's website suggests otherwise.

BMW don't use branded brakes on their M cars but that doesn't make them bad, I suspect after 9 years of S1000RR experience they knew what they wanted from their component manufacturers for the gen4 and didn't just default to brembo, online etc like their competitors.

I've had an M2 for the last 16 months, and have had use of an M4 for over a year, both use Brembo calipers just with 'M' logos on them. The brakes are good enough for most normal driving but after giving it a lot of stick at the Nurburgring this year they are nowhere near as capable as they 'should be' given the name!

Its actually a consistent complaint area for anyone tracking an M car!

- Alex

100% true, I've had E46 M3, E90 M3 & my current M2 and all of the brakes have been bad when they are pushed a bit.

I was a million percent set on a 1299s or V4s but this has certainly made me take a breath....

Not sure Carbon wheels is an option on anything else...big win.

But also I bet frustrating as they cannot race on them.

- Alex

Not sure Carbon wheels is an option on anything else...big win.

But also I bet frustrating as they cannot race on them.

- Alex
The wheels look stunning (if they are the hp4 race ones). But I'm guessing they are the biggest "extra" by far

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did we get the who are Hayes question answered..

FWIW:
1. Headlights/Nose, looks as though the fronts got a big frown on.
2. Don't like the mirrors/indicator integration...yukkk.
3. Front Calipers not visually appealing and strangely that doesn't fill me with confidence.

But theres a lot of plus points I guess... wasn't sure what I was expecting to be honest, don't think I'm hugely excited.

It's probably a weapon on the road/track.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Literally zero interest in m/sport or red.
Hope the 2020 is better.
2 colour options is pathetic.

- Alex
Completely agree, my 16 RR is black with forged, while bland to some , I use it as a daily & it attracts less attention than the 80?s tracksuit colour scheme.
Colour schemes are a very individual choice & can massively change the lines & look (appeal ) of the bike.
Personally, I think the 19 motorsport looks better ( in the picks) than the outgoing model (tail graphics were inexcusable).

On the whole, I quite like the look of the new one but think it?s a little generic in looks.
With sportsbke sales dwindling, they have definitely played it safe to appeal to the wider market.

Even at 20k , for the full fat version, it demonstrates relative value compared with the competition. It certainly makes the poverty spec Ducati V4 base look expensive.

Completely agree, my 16 RR is black with forged, while bland to some , I use it as a daily & it attracts less attention than the 80?s tracksuit colour scheme.
Colour schemes are a very individual choice & can massively change the lines & look (appeal ) of the bike.
Personally, I think the 19 motorsport looks better ( in the picks) than the outgoing model (tail graphics were inexcusable).

On the whole, I quite like the look of the new one but think it?s a little generic in looks.
With sportsbke sales dwindling, they have definitely played it safe to appeal to the wider market.

Even at 20k , for the full fat version, it demonstrates relative value compared with the competition. It certainly makes the poverty spec Ducati V4 base look expensive.

Regarding the looks, I agree about the new ones looking generic. It looks very much like an R6 to me, would be a shame to see the S1000RR lose its visual identity

im liking the whole thing, i find it funny that people arnt liking the front callipers. im sure there be fine.lol. As for the looks, nearly everyone slated the first gen 1 when it came out as the headlights were different. for me as long as its quicker than my mates bikes im good with it.lol :)

Im very tempted by this new bike. I love the dash. Subframe. Compact shape. Lighter etc...
More torque at lower revs.
This is gonna blow the competition away.
If its more road friendly than rsv4 and v4 panigale which i expect it will be then its got all others beat.
Love no tail light too.
Did anyone else notice what must be a first. There are no clipons!
Bars are attatched to the top yoke.
This could cause a problem for racers

Back