Page 108 of 111 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1105

Thread: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

  1. #1071
    Standard Member oldwobbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NE
    Riding
    15 msport +
    Posts
    264
    Thanked: 19

    Re: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

    Quote Originally Posted by JoePeps View Post
    Due to the delays I pulled it and bought a V4S. But that ended up being a sack of nails so cancelled that and decided to just be patient and wait it out.
    The order form says 1th May but I think that's just a standard thing. they still aren't 100% sure but I'm hoping June is realistic.
    Joe - I was considering going down the same route as you with the V4 due to the delays in the RR - why a sack of nails??? Not very inspiring!
    Punctuation - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

  2. #1072
    1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER asif5alam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    London
    Riding
    S1000RR 2019 Soon!
    Posts
    90
    Thanked: 20

    Re: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

    Quote Originally Posted by JoePeps View Post
    Due to the delays I pulled it and bought a V4S. But that ended up being a sack of nails so cancelled that and decided to just be patient and wait it out.
    The order form says 1th May but I think that's just a standard thing. they still aren't 100% sure but I'm hoping June is realistic.
    Haha sack of nails - brilliant. My order was November last year and I am not expecting it until June 1st at least. Whilst I can moan and I am now without a track toy let alone a road bike....I am more excited than I ever recall about anything. Period.

  3. #1073
    2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER pof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanked: 353

    Re: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

    I'm hearing it's Sept now but that was via Facebook so don't read too much into it

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  4. #1074
    Forum Moderator alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London and Norfolk
    Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey
    Posts
    7,265
    Thanked: 2276

    Re: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

    Quote Originally Posted by pof View Post
    I'm hearing it's Sept now but that was via Facebook so don't read too much into it

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    At that rate it would be the 2020

  5. #1075
    2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER pof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanked: 353

    Re: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

    I'm sure it's not true but he said he got it from a "reliable source" within bmw, something about having major issues with production (whatever that means)

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  6. #1076
    Standard Member boomaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    475
    Thanked: 93

    Re: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

    Quote Originally Posted by pof View Post
    I'm sure it's not true but he said he got it from a "reliable source" within bmw, something about having major issues with production (whatever that means)

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    be brexit everything else is ,

  7. #1077
    1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER JoePeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    267
    Thanked: 87

    Re: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

    Quote Originally Posted by oldwobbler View Post
    Joe - I was considering going down the same route as you with the V4 due to the delays in the RR - why a sack of nails??? Not very inspiring!
    Recall after recall and then electrical problems after they replaced the headers. They look and ride so well but the sheer lack of quality control is abysmal to be honest, a bullet dodged for me I think. At least until they become more reliable. There's some people who's bikes have been in the dealer over 50% of the ownership period!

    Quote Originally Posted by asif5alam View Post
    Haha sack of nails - brilliant. My order was November last year and I am not expecting it until June 1st at least. Whilst I can moan and I am now without a track toy let alone a road bike....I am more excited than I ever recall about anything. Period.
    Yeah the BMW has got me very excited, I was just impatient and wanted something there and then without waiting. I know the wait will be worth it and it'll be a better bike.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoePeps For This Useful Post:


  9. #1078
    Standard Member oldwobbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NE
    Riding
    15 msport +
    Posts
    264
    Thanked: 19

    Re: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

    Thanks Joe - that does sound pretty shocking. My other consideration was the RSV4 - but I dont think that would fair any better. I've had my RR 4 years now with 25k on the clock and has never let me down. I just didn't want to keep it another year. Think I'm going to have to.
    Punctuation - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

  10. #1079
    2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER DCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    234
    Thanked: 65

    Re: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

    Nothing like noising everyone up, I am getting emails daily from bmw for the 2019 , says test ride will be bookable soon, but no date for delivery

  11. #1080
    Standard Member Demmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    34
    Thanked: 8

    Re: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

    RSV4 - a great alternative
    “You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.”
    ― Wayne Gretzky

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •