New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Ducati v4 with the full akro system and up map. Ive been running it in this week. You wont be disappointed. Its insane when you want it to be but also very easy to ride relaxed, unlike my 1299. I have also traded my S1000RR 16 plate in for an M sport.

Price rise is good news for me, I'm paying about ?18.5k for my Msport so looking even better value now!

Bit of a different train of thought on this one from me. I got my first big boys bike for a few years (the last one being an 1198s) last June in a new ?18 S1000rr sport and have really enjoyed it. Getting off it each time and thinking what more could I ever need! Fantastic piece of kit.

Ordered a new M sport for July delivery, because I?m a bloke and I can (totally unnecessary as my 18 plate has more abilities than I will ever need)

Fast forward to today, been over to Ducati Nottm with my boy in tow to have a look at the red ones....

The outcome is the New M Sport being cancelled, a ?19yr V4s being delivered a week Monday. With the logic that the ?18yr first year teething issue have now been sorted.....

logic.......fook logic it?s a Ducati they are all too quick and way way beyond what anybody on here can master.

You pay to play and you only get one go at this life stuff

Does that Ducati you purchused come with the gorgeous ohlins suspension and big brembo brakes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does that Ducati you purchused come with the gorgeous ohlins suspension and big brembo brakes ?

All Panigale V4?s have the same Brembo Stylema callipers, the V4S (that 7 CDB has acquired) has the Ohlins Smart EC2.0 semi-active suspension, the V4R has conventional Ohlins NIX30 forks and TTX36 shock.
I ?believe? all models also have the same electronics package too

- Oli

Last edited:
All Panigale V4?s have the same Brembo Stylema callipers, the V4S (that 7 CDB has acquired) has the Ohlins Smart EC2.0 semi-active suspension, the V4R has conventional Ohlins NIX30 forks and TTX36 shock.
I ?believe? all models also have the same electronics package too

- Oli

Tell ya what you know your stuff don?t ya oli lol.
I think them big brembo brakes do look the business with some bling ohlins very smart.
I wouldn?t mind some to replace my little brembo callipers and wouldn?t mind some brembo levers too. There is That many bloody options on brembo brakes I get confused what I need to purchase. Purchasing Brembo callipers would I need to replace my discs too. I running the hp wheels.

Last edited:
Tell ya what you know your stuff don?t ya oli lol.
I think them big brembo brakes do look the business with some bling ohlins very smart.
I wouldn?t mind some to replace my little brembo callipers and wouldn?t mind some brembo levers too. There is That many bloody options on brembo brakes I get confused what I need to purchase. Purchasing Brembo callipers would I need to replace my discs too. I running the hp wheels.

I just watch far too much YouTube lol.

Brembo and Ohlins are definitely the Gucci brands of the motoring world.

Do you mean a brembo master cylinder, or simply a brembo brake leaver?
The RCS19 master cylinder is a popular upgrade and I believe the GP4-RX callipers are directly compatible with RR?s, though you would be best advised to check specifics with those who have switched to aftermarket brakes.

To my knowledge you do not need to change discs or lines for the above

- Oli

Last edited:
I have the Brembo RCS 19 Master Cylinder and GP4-RX calipers on my 2015 RR also Z04 pads and RBF 660 brake fluid.

It?s a really good brake setup, I also have Brembo T-Drive disks on the HP forged wheels, the calipers/pads work fine with the standard disks as well.

You can't beat a bit of bling!-not that anyone takes much notice.
If I'm on a trackday and spot a fancy setup,I look at the owners lap times!

I do want the master system as well as lever too oli but just paying for my kitchen at moment and it ain?t cheap [emoji51] the Mrs has me whipped. So I?ll get the callipers first without her knowing.
Thanks for info on been able to run gp4/rx with standard disks cheers guys.
I?ll look around to see if can get a good deal.

You can't beat a bit of bling!-not that anyone takes much notice.
If I'm on a trackday and spot a fancy setup,I look at the owners lap times!

I can sit down and slurp on a brew admiring some fine engineering all day I look at my bike and think yep it looks good that does then I look down at my baby plastic gold brembo s [emoji1781].
I need sum big bling brembo s

I changed my OEM calipers simply because Brembo Z04 front brake pads were significantly cheaper for the GP4-RX calipers. I never bothered changing brake lines or the master cylinder as it wasn't really required; especially when using Castrol SRF brake fluid.

I'm sure the new calipers will be absolutely fine on track once you change the OEM brake fluid and fit suitable race pads. As far as I'm aware BMW have done away with the ridiculous 4-pad per caliper design for 2019 which will mean that good brake pads will be significantly cheaper. I will probably still fit my GP4-RX calipers anyway, but that's only because I kept them when I sold my bike. The only question that remains is whether or not the 2019 S1000RR OEM brake lines will be compatible and allow a direct swap like the 2015-on model.

[FONT=&quot]
attachment.php
[/FONT]

Save your money-just put Ryans photo on the wall!

No titanium caliper bolts,Ryan?!

Actually,that's one advantage of buying one of these cheap bmw's-you can bling it up and make it much better than a Ducati and not have everyone waiting for it to break down or go for a recall!

I admit they are somewhat excessive. They weigh a total of 96g, resulting in a rather pointless and minuscule weight saving of 88g... but they won't rust!

The V4S comes with pretty much all and everything I will ever need.....and just look at it 😂😂

I?ve enjoyed the S1000rr but I don?t wake up early and the morning and want to ride it! To be fair the first thing I think about in the morning is a piss.

I get Ducati, I know Ducati and I think about Ducati 😂😂😂

Back