New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2019 bike

The 3 So’s

So as I’d earlier said my 2016 motorsports has been written off.

So do I jump into a 2018 rr mmmh ? I really want a 2019 but I’m informed that the 2019 won’t be available until April next year.

The current model is still being manufactured until November this year.

So I may just buy a 2018 and chop it in for a 19 when they’re out but will I lose out on price decrease mmmh.

Buy an HP4 which won't depreciate much or at all if you decide to get a '19 bike next year? Jimmy makes a good point..

Whatever you buy you will loose the dealer margin on the trade both buying and selling. HP4 not a bad idea, but I cant see them appreciating in value beyond ?18-?19k for mint, low miles (so cant really use it). The HP2 is a good example, fewer in number, yet they are around ?15-18k mark and have been for a few years.

Hp2 is a good shout.

Buy 2 SP2 Honda vtr's and sit on them for 6 months!

- Alex

To those who more closely follow the industry, tradeshows, and BMW: Is it more likely to be revealed at Intermot or EICMA?

New Model

It is highly likely to be released at Intermot in October given that BMW is a German brand and this is Germany?s premier motorcycle show. Previous S1000RR model releases have also been made at Intermot in the past. Failing that it will almost certainly be on display the following month at EICMA in Milan. BSB paddock rumour, and BMW sources, strongly suggest that it will be at the former when the press and public get to see it for the first time. Either way it?s not that long to wait.

Re: New Model

It is highly likely to be released at Intermot in October given that BMW is a German brand and this is Germany’s premier motorcycle show. Previous S1000RR model releases have also been made at Intermot in the past. Failing that it will almost certainly be on display the following month at EICMA in Milan. BSB paddock rumour, and BMW sources, strongly suggest that it will be at the former when the press and public get to see it for the first time. Either way it’s not that long to wait.

Too long lol

Re: New Model

Sure hope you are correct Rys. I have booked to go to Intermot rather than Eicma following the same logic!

Intermot

Sure hope you are correct Rys. I have booked to go to Intermot rather than Eicma following the same logic!

I went to Intermot several years ago and it was far better than the UK's equivalent Motorcycle Live. BMW's new model launches there are also supposed to be really good. I've never been to EICMA but unless you get to go on the quieter Press Days it's meant to be absolutely packed and you struggle to get anywhere near the bikes.

Re: Intermot

I went to Intermot several years ago and it was far better than the UK's equivalent Motorcycle Live. BMW's new model launches there are also supposed to be really good. I've never been to EICMA but unless you get to go on the quieter Press Days it's meant to be absolutely packed and you struggle to get anywhere near the bikes.
EICMA is bedlam, best to attend solo and get your elbows out.

- Alex

More confirmation we will know in October
" All of BMW’s 2019 bikes – and there will be a total of nine new models, including the three mentioned here – are set to make their first public appearances at the Intermot show in Cologne in the first week of October. Other new BMWs at the event will include a completely redesigned S1000RR superbike, a new C 400 GT scooter and a new R1250RT equipped with the same 134hp VVT engine as the new R1250GS. "

https://www.cycleworld.com/2019-bmw-adventure-model-details-uncovered

I?ve booked both just hope it will be at intermoto but for sure EICMA

Personally I?ve spoken to 3 different BMW dealers Park Lane, Oxford and Tonbridge Wells.

Oxford say as we already know not one part from the 2018 bike will be used on the 2019 model and that it?s a game changer again just like it was in 2009 !

Park Lane reckon that their manager has already seen it and again it?s more progressive than the Ducati V4, they have already taken deposits for orders.

They also have said the production on the 2018 has already stopped.

Coopers T.W. Reckon the same as the others but don?t have that much info.

Expect TFT screen more tech than what's out currently and price wise we reckon it will be cheaper than the Ducati.

BMW want to make a statement yet again, I believe it?s gonna be the bike to beat again !

Understatement lol😂I?m booked for intermot and EICMA, I have no RR at the mo as mine was written off.

So I?m waiting on the 2019 to see how it stacks up !

BMW want this to blow everything out the water again !

I was happy with the 2016 but hey now I?m in this position roll on 2019 model !

I do not have enough strength to see this monster :friendly_wink::friendly_wink:

I think the disappointing bit will be the delivery date...I don't expect they will hit the dealers till Spring.

- Alex

You wouldn't ride any brand new sports bike in January or February though would you Alex?

I just mean folk will want them asap...waiting 6-9months potentially from Intermot will be some wait. (Spring lasts till June...)

But if waiting is the biggest issue its cause its good!

- Alex

Just googled that to check, Spring end on June 21st next year!! On a positive note the current bike (and gen 1/2) is hardly crap so not too much of a hardship to ride that a bit longer and those trading up will probably get a better price for their current bike selling in 'early' spring :) rather than over winter?

Back