New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new clip-on / yoke arrangement is certainly interesting but it?s going to make buying aftermarket items considerably more expensive. Crashing with the new OEM setup on track (or road) could be quite expensive as well. Aesthetically I think it looks great.

BE59814C-BB3D-4413-9637-62D64F353C1E.jpeg

B938CE76-E254-4AA6-88D0-E8EF281A7577.jpeg

Looking at the pictures above the only other observation is that the bars look to be wider and flatter for better leverage which is a good indication that the new model is likely to be more track focused.

I like how the mirrors are inside the housing, so when you fold them in to filter you don?t stuff up your mirror arrangement.

Bmw has done a great marketing job on this. They are selling it on it being lighter but is this really the case especially over the 2015 model. The specs say the 2019 model weighs 175kg dry (without the battery). My 2015 weighs 175.5kg dry with the battery (according to the brochure). Whilst the new model is clearly more technologically advanced, is it a step change from Gen 3? I will need to be convinced. I also think it has lost its unique styling and looks like it has been designed by the car m division.

The new clip-on / yoke arrangement is certainly interesting but it?s going to make buying aftermarket items considerably more expensive. Crashing with the new OEM setup on track (or road) could be quite expensive as well. Aesthetically I think it looks great.

View attachment 3897

View attachment 3898

does it possibly look like the clipons split and come off between the tightening bolts, looks mibbie a hinged type affair, once removed would leave the clip on with a half moon at headstock end instead of the full circle that go over the legs we have just now?

Last edited:
They will sell a half moon with the after market clipons i recon.
The bars are a tad wider. They are slightly flatter and slightly straighter than gen3.
That was a good marketing thing to say its lighter than outgoing model.
The gen3 started off lighter and got heavier prior to release of new model.
But all this said you know its gonna be one hell of a good bike.
Extra torque and increase of power all over is going to blow bikes like kawasaki right out of the market.
The reason i sold my zx10r was the lack of grunt was loosing time on track

Thanks Benny130, this has answered many of my questions.

I have ordered the full M Sport spec but dealer was not sure what is included, but now I know.

Can't wait to see the bike at the NEC next week and March can't come soon enough!

https://www.facebook.com/262262423099/posts/10155973802538100/

9a8361a8a9305b1affef922184e411c3.jpg

- Alex

ive been quoted ?18,100 for the sport with hp wheels and ?19,300 for the full top package. M package is a no brainer i think. :) the shop said they have taken deposits for 3 M's today and if you dont order now it will be mid next year before the second load come though. he also said there is meant to be plans for a Grey colored one mid next year. imo the color option thing is the worst thing about this launch.

?19k is a bargain!
I'm hugely tempted to put down a deposit! I'd love to get a bit more leg room though which is why I was thinking Panigale.

Back