New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many recalls have Brembo had in the last two years? Loads.

Hop onto YouTube and watch the dozens of journos who have rode the bike at the Estoril launch. They?ve all said the brakes are better than the outgoing model. Which have Brembo?s. I know. I have a 2016 Sport. The brakes are brilliant.

If BMW and bike testers say the new brakes are better, why would you doubt that having never ridden the bike? Doesn?t make sense to me.

ive missed it where they have said there better. all i have seen is not as aggressive initial bite and brake fade being mentioned. i will go back through the videos just to see how many times people are saying there better. im in no way saying there not better as i havnt tried them and not everyone likes hard biting brakes but it seems to come up loads on the forums and videos. right from the start i said BMW wouldn't make a better faster bike without fitting equipment to suit. we will see shortly im sure. :)

Its probably a repost but the 44Teeth vid is about the best I've seen so far:
https://youtu.be/Fv7l2HTJb1U

It will be interesting to see what the brakes are like; its always going to be a question mark when Brembo are not being used since they dominate so much.

Ive just been having a look on the BMW configurator and it has the M version at 197 kg I was under the impression it was 193.5kg?

difference is Oli you can actually ride a ducati you can only look at pictures o the BMW

Well, considering the anecdotal information and the 5 recalls, it would appear Panigale V4 customers spend a lot of time looking at pictures of their bikes too lol ...

- Oli

April is a new financial year there are always financial adjustments. Those who've ordered get the price as agreed prior.

Clearly pays to get an order in now.

- Alex

April is a new financial year there are always financial adjustments. Those who've ordered get the price as agreed prior.

Clearly pays to get an order in now.

- Alex

the problem is if i put a deposit down now i would also want to px my current bike which means i will not be able to ride until the new bike arrives. just a big pain in the arse. i was also thinking about waiting until the new bike had been out a year to let others have the recalls and niggles. this now looks like it will be 2021 before its been out a year.lol. I also want to order 2 of them. :)

I think you can put an order in with a small deposit instead of chopping your bike in now? I have not been asked for any ? by my dealer but I guess it is down to relationships?

I do agree that a price increase before any deliveries have been made is quite amusing, maybe a first? On the subject of the delivery schedule, everyone I know in the car/bike business has said the new euro regulations and the big switch to petrol/hybrid has fucked up supply schedules for most things at the moment, its not just bmw having delivery issues.

I think you can put an order in with a small deposit instead of chopping your bike in now? I have not been asked for any ? by my dealer but I guess it is down to relationships?

I do agree that a price increase before any deliveries have been made is quite amusing, maybe a first? On the subject of the delivery schedule, everyone I know in the car/bike business has said the new euro regulations and the big switch to petrol/hybrid has fucked up supply schedules for most things at the moment, its not just bmw having delivery issues.

The lowest deposit I found to secure a bike was ?500 but they were a bit sketchy about dates so I payed a little more to a main dealer to secure a date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can put a deposit down without the bike but once i know the new bike is ordered i wouldn't want to ride my current bike just in case i damaged it.

Bit of a different train of thought on this one from me. I got my first big boys bike for a few years (the last one being an 1198s) last June in a new ‘18 S1000rr sport and have really enjoyed it. Getting off it each time and thinking what more could I ever need! Fantastic piece of kit.

Ordered a new M sport for July delivery, because I’m a bloke and I can ������ (totally unnecessary as my 18 plate has more abilities than I will ever need)

Fast forward to today, been over to Ducati Nottm with my boy in tow to have a look at the red ones....

The outcome is the New M Sport being cancelled, a ‘19yr V4s being delivered a week Monday. With the logic that the ‘18yr first year teething issue have now been sorted.....

logic.......fook logic it’s a Ducati �������� they are all too quick and way way beyond what anybody on here can master.

You pay to play and you only get one go at this life stuff ��

Back