New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't have an rf for the road, partly because I'm too tall, mainly because it has such a tall 1st gear, running it in was hell.
Throttle wasn't a problem, though on track probably wouldn't notice. Looking forward to demo the new rf and rr to compare..

I couldn't have an rf for the road, partly because I'm too tall, mainly because it has such a tall 1st gear, running it in was hell.
Throttle wasn't a problem, though on track probably wouldn't notice. Looking forward to demo the new rf and rr to compare..
Well im 6 ft 4 and i love small bikes.
The first gear can be improved easily with lower gearing.
I wont be getting one at the mo. They offered me naff all on px

Well im 6 ft 4 and i love small bikes.
The first gear can be improved easily with lower gearing.
I wont be getting one at the mo. They offered me naff all on px

Yes, I managed a cracking deal with a straight buy.
It's not just a question of changing sprockets, tried that. Although it's better, the problem is there is such a gap between 1st and 2nd it just moves it along the line. Great box though

Judgement day tomorrow, what will I end up with. Got 3 stealers to call into

So, what did you put a deposit on today?

Our local BMW dealer Cannons has 5 new 18 RR's on the showroom floor, I reckon they will have to discount them to shift em, was you offered a discounted 18 RR?

Bmw could not even offer me the deposit contribution they do on there finance, with a cash sale.
did not even get back to me after with any discount. Only 2 left in the country with the spec I wanted. Shame really.
ended up with a cracking deal on the fireblade sp on 0%

Bmw could not even offer me the deposit contribution they do on there finance, with a cash sale.
did not even get back to me after with any discount. Only 2 left in the country with the spec I wanted. Shame really.

That's a shame....Was a chap in Portimao I was with that had an sp2, good rider with blade history but really wasn't happy with it, hope it serves your purpose.

Only been offered 9500 for mine so far. Pretty crap for the spec of it. Looks like i will be keeping it at this rate

That's a shame....Was a chap in Portimao I was with that had an sp2, good rider with blade history but really wasn't happy with it, hope it serves your purpose.
He's threatening to get the 1100RF...I blame you for that.

- Alex

Yea was gutted that bmw could not budge a inch, but a deal is a deal. This will tie me over until the Gen 4 becomes obtainable

He's threatening to get the 1100RF...I blame you for that.

- Alex

:cool-new: Think he was surprised when we were on track together, he wasn't gelling with the sp2 like assumed he would, difficult riding something you don't trust + from what I saw/heard there was a lot of faffing/cost involved to get it right. Mine's basically out the crate, but, with 1100 power.....Anyway, it will probably be silly money lol

Yeah Honda have really screwed it up.
He would need to invest 10k to fix it.

I expect the Ape would suit him.

- Alex

Excellent, glad you got a deal and hope you gel with the Blade.

Cheers Phil, it’s worth a try for a year or so, in the long run I’m hoping to get my hands on a Gen 4 but that won’t be next year. See how the blade compares with my Gen1 race bike. Almost walked away with the RSV4 rf but had a niggle in my mind with reliability and warranty woes

Just to clarify the 'blade is a weapon on the streets...it has some track specific quirks that are expensive to fix...on the SP2

- Alex

Fingers crossed the sp1 is going to be ok for me. I understand the abs can be a little intrusive under hard trail braking, and at a glance I’m not going to be happy with the standard master cylinder and rubber hoses, but will see how I get on before I order up any parts. Fingers crossed

Back