New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well ive been to the show today to see it in the flesh, overall it looks ok, and thats it on looks. the swingarm could do with being chunkier and the top yoke dosnt look nice. the fairings seem flimsier than the gen 3's with a few bits looking like there ready to break off especially the bits below the front fairing and the shark grill bits on the right side fairing. I know its all about the bits you cannot see but i think i will wait for a year and keep my gen 3.

I have just got back from the NEC too, And I have to say I am really disappointed with the bike.
The quality is really poor compared to my current bike..Was excited to see it then was very deflated once I see it!
Think I will be taking my deposit back which wasn’t my intention

I have just got back from the NEC too, And I have to say I am really disappointed with the bike.
The quality is really poor compared to my current bike..Was excited to see it then was very deflated once I see it!
Think I will be taking my deposit back which wasn?t my intention

I think it looks pants.
I am all for the upgrade suspension
Fixing the pulling to one side on cruise
and more power ect.
But main selling point is it has to look badass
this new bike does not the best.
Them front lights and rear light n them indicator mirrors
rubbish.
Suzuki or Ducati maybe getting my cash next year

well ive been to the show today to see it in the flesh, overall it looks ok, and thats it on looks. the swingarm could do with being chunkier and the top yoke dosnt look nice. the fairings seem flimsier than the gen 3's with a few bits looking like there ready to break off especially the bits below the front fairing and the shark grill bits on the right side fairing. I know its all about the bits you cannot see but i think i will wait for a year and keep my gen 3.
You want the swingarm to weigh more? Thats not the usual reaction!

- Alex

But main selling point is it has to look badass

Really?

Anyway, I thought thats one of the great thing about bikes, you can change their looks relatively cheaply. Ok, headlight and nose shape is what it is, but a good design does wonders. If the underlying machine is awesome, you have a great base to work from.

I am taking a bit of a risk having one of the early msport bikes, but I have bought new models from bmw before without issue. I am a little concerned about the talk of cheap plastics etc, hopefully that will be improved upon by the time customer bikes are being built. If not, plastics can be replaced easily under warranty if needed.

Its just when you see it in the flesh and look at it closely. The plastics on the top fairing are so cheap and look awful. The worst bit is the tail end where there in no rear light the plastics around that area and the under tray part look so cheap.. Yes and the top yoke is not great and the front Calipers are awful.

On a positive was given a demo of the dash and functionality of al the settings and that is amazing and very high tech.

Not sure what I was expecting but after having my current bike for 4 years and still looks great and the build quality of all components are great.

I know it will have mega power and will ride amazing but after seeing it today I was gutted....BMW what have you done

See for me I can live with a few cheap plastics for an overall epic bike. I do miss the odd lights as it gave it character but all said and done it's a tool and I still think it looks great.
Also, I never thought it looked cheap at all to be honest.

Really?

Anyway, I thought thats one of the great thing about bikes, you can change their looks relatively cheaply. Ok, headlight and nose shape is what it is, but a good design does wonders. If the underlying machine is awesome, you have a great base to work from.

I am taking a bit of a risk having one of the early msport bikes, but I have bought new models from bmw before without issue. I am a little concerned about the talk of cheap plastics etc, hopefully that will be improved upon by the time customer bikes are being built. If not, plastics can be replaced easily under warranty if needed.

it is all about how it performs overall but to need to swap parts on a nearly ?20k bike dosnt site well with me. from the box the gen 3 was good in most respects without changing anything although i changed a lot over the first year. im sure it will make up for overall appearance and cheap plastics with handling and performance. I listened to the sales guy trying to justify the calipers too.lol. the bloke he was talking too also didnt fall for his speel. they are cheap and thats that.lol

They will be cheaper, but doesn't have to mean worse though.
The P4 is old and you're paying for the Brembo badge...

- Alex

They will be cheaper, but doesn't have to mean worse though.
The P4 is old and you're paying for the Brembo badge...

- Alex

in that 44 promo video posted they say they didnt want them to bite as much as the brembos, to me this says this is what we have made lets say its what they are meant to feel like. ive never had issues with any brembos biting unless ive been messing with aftermarket pads. i find it strange they wouldn't want biting brakes like brembos. by no means am i saying they wont be adequate but i do think the look and are probably cheaper to make.

I thought Initial bite was entirely down to the pad...i agree to was a strange comment/direction. I thought everyone liked the immediacy of the response... although I can see more progression helping road riders in poor conditions.

- Alex

Last edited:
Back