New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Race fairings will need to be enclosed so there should be stuff available.

I wish they made a fairing to cover the ugly cat, especially when you remove it and just have a big hole there. Didn't do it on the Gen 1's or 2's did on the Gen 3's and now don't do it again on the 4s...
It's because cats run hot, better to cool them like this. Function over form.

- Alex

Configuration is up and work on bmw site, although not much to configure, no options really for optional extras

Daz

Just been looking at that, base model at ?15k looks very good vfm, will be interesting to hear how the std suspension compares to latest DDC

...will be interesting to hear how the std suspension compares to latest DDC

I doubt there will be much comparison, if any, to read about in the bike press. I suspect all the S1000RRs at the track launch will be fitted with the latest DDC system. I will be pleasantly surprised if they aren?t. The new standard OEM suspension will likely just be generic kit anyway which I imagine will be perfectly adequate once tweaked.

Yep, although the bike press have run 'base model' tests in the last couple of years as manufacturers now seem to release 2 (or more) versions of their litre sportsbikes

It?s just a shame that BMW didn?t adopt the latest ?hlins electronic suspension for 2019. In my opinion, having spent a day on track riding an R1M, the ?hlins kit is far better than the Sachs DDC system. Hopefully the new version will be on par with it. As much as I really like DDC, I am tempted to fit aftermarket suspension before the bike even leaves the showroom floor this time.

Hopefully the latest DDC has the 'feel' I felt was missing from the gen3 but regardless I'd have though aftermarket passive suspension would be the way to go for you Ryan? I see the V4R doesn't have the active Ohlins of the S model..

Once I had changed fork springs, oil, air gap, and fitted a 2D potentiometer, the DDC system was fine for trackday use. Not having to count clicks is rather nice! That said if the new system isn?t much improved I will likely just fit ?hlins or K-Tech as the bike will only be used on track. It didn?t cost a lot to sort the DDC, and I?m glad I persevered with it, but I?m currently undecided if I will go with it again.

I was down at my dealer at the weekend and got told now they were expecting the first batch July/August.
So glad I pulled the plug to be honest, I'll buy one when they're in stock.

Still telling me april
ye put me on a wee panic there Joe, had to check with bmw again this morning, as my order is one of the first and spec has been squared up they are telling me April, they did say orders now would be May/June arrival

Daz

I was told a week back, if ordered now, would be June delivery. Dealer had 19 orders placed - all M spec.

Not sure how much of that was "sales speak".

Dealer in Peterborough told me last week he had only taken 2 orders so far

Dealer in Peterborough told me last week he had only taken 2 orders so far

Oh dear! I know my dealer has enough orders to keep them going all summer. Anyone wanting the new bike soonish better try peterborough.

I have just been told that the launch of the 2019 S1000RR has been delayed from April to June!!!
Anyone else heard the same?

We're still on for April/May for first customer bikes. I think if you were to order now it is likely to be June.

Currently got 12 pre-orders for first allocation.

I was told by BMW at Wolverhampton that BMW have delayed the release date to June for all bikes

Back