New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, and it is bloody annoying. I have been working on the basis that there is no bike until I hear otherwise. At least bmw are trying to manage the problem, albeit not very well at the moment. If they come clean on the situation it would be better all round.

I was trying to have the same outlook and was doing well until I seen that letter from BMW UK that was posted earlier today and that tipped me over the edge.
The other couple of posts about the oil ways not being machined properly would make sense as well, even if BMW don?t confirm it, not that I?d expect them too.

Everyone will have calmed down again in a couple of days and just need to accept it?ll be here when it?s here if they really want it. Doesn?t stop us having a moan at the time though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That?s so out of order they should be strung up.

Thanks for your post about him trolling. Its reassuring to see members sniff out trolls independently of admins/mods. Good to have you on here noxx.

No problem mate. I?ll help where I can - it?s good to be on here :)

I was trying to have the same outlook and was doing well until I seen that letter from BMW UK that was posted earlier today and that tipped me over the edge.
The other couple of posts about the oil ways not being machined properly would make sense as well, even if BMW don’t confirm it, not that I’d expect them too.

Apparently, this is exactly what the Head of UK Motorrad was referring to in the letter I posted earlier. I am following the German S1000RR forums as well and one of the mods went to their dealer and got a bit grumpy. Dealer showed him internal communication then stating exactly that. Some dealers have even been instructed to not fire up their demo / showroom bikes since those are affected by the too small oil channels. This whole thing has got me a bit paranoid about my bike. I’ve sent an email to BMW UK earlier asking them to check and confirm that my bike is not affected.

Apparently, this is exactly what the Head of UK Motorrad was referring to in the letter I posted earlier. I am following the German S1000RR forums as well and one of the mods went to their dealer and got a bit grumpy. Dealer showed him internal communication then stating exactly that. Some dealers have even been instructed to not fire up their demo / showroom bikes since those are affected by the too small oil channels. This whole thing has got me a bit paranoid about my bike. I?ve sent an email to BMW UK earlier asking them to check and confirm that my bike is not affected.

I know it?s a shit situation but would make sense as to why all models are affected. It?s got to be an issue with the engine to affect them all.
I think customers would be much more understanding if they came out and said this is the reason, rather than some half arsed supply chain statement.

Incorrectly machined oil galleries are quite worrying, I bet not easily fixed and costly...

The good news is they have caught it early doors....consequences of a seized motor I wouldn't want to think about..

Not even sure how they?d trace what engines are affected either if it?s only 1 in 3 that are affected like was said previously.

Not even sure how they?d trace what engines are affected either if it?s only 1 in 3 that are affected like was said previously.

Oh they?ll know. Not concerned about that at all. They?ll even be able to tell which factory worker farted at what time.

I?ve got a message in my inbox on the Yamaha forum from a guy telling me there was engine issues in April.

As said, they will know exactly which bikes are affected. I read somewhere they know the batch that it affects and it's one or two of every three or something like that. I'm hoping it's the reason for the blown high powered engines in WSBK and BSB as thats something that was looking like it wouldn't be addressed until the next model. They are getting 235+ bhp out of the Gen 3 engine but only managing 215-220bhp from the new one. I'm happy with stock power but it's always nice to know the engine is strong enough for big power and that you have plenty of breathing space for reliability.

Last edited:
Back