New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed my deposit back in July 2018 and I have a tentative delivery date.

I?m really not too fussed when it arrives as I have the luxury of both time and flexibility on my side. That, and there is very little point in becoming emotive about delays and all the hearsay regarding the possible causes. The bottom line is that if you want one then unfortunately you just have to be patient and wait... but by all accounts the wait will be well worth it.

Ultimately, until I receive an email from my dealership saying that it?s arrived in the showroom then I?m not going to get excited.

+1

I placed my deposit back in July 2018 and I have a tentative delivery date.

I?m really not too fussed when it arrives as I have the luxury of both time and flexibility on my side. That, and there is very little point in becoming emotive about delays and all the hearsay regarding the possible causes. The bottom line is that if you want one then unfortunately you just have to be patient and wait... but by all accounts the wait will be well worth it.

Ultimately, until I receive an email from my dealership saying that it?s arrived in the showroom then I?m not going to get excited.

Thats a good way to be looking at it! There must be a wee bit of you getting excited to get your hands on it already!!!

It certainly does sound like it will be worth the wait!!!

For those interested here is a link to the latest BMW accessories brochure; albeit the German version. Inside you will find details and pictures of the M carbon fibre parts, levers, rearsets, seats and luggage options etc. It doesn?t include prices, or all of the accessories listed in the BMW Press Pack, but it gives you an idea of what?s likely to be available when the bikes eventually start arriving.

https://www.bmw-motorrad.de/content...esCatalogue2019de.pdf.asset.1553070770340.pdf

FFS - I think I'm up to around 30K now!

Can anyone tell me which bits you get with the "carbon pack"?

for any of you on fb,and if oyu dont know Mike Edwards or what he does,have alook at his web pages,but to get a WOW from Mike is almost enough for me to sell my SBK and get 1 :)

Anyone got a bike to put them on ��������

Is there anyone apart from Alpha Racing and Akrapovic got aftermarket bits for it on their website yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cal Sport are listing and some Italian sites on eBay, I have ordered exhaust system, also EvoTech are listing radiator guards and paddock stand bobbins, I have those already too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to say it?s been pretty grim reading about those of you who?s orders have been delayed. My M Sport?s still showing as June 6 delivery from Wollaston - are there any other Wollaston customers out there with a recent update?

My Gen 3?s going in part ex and although Wollaston have said it won?t affect the deal I?d prefer not to test sticking a load of additional miles on it prior to getting the M, so guess it?s going to be a bike-drought of a summer if the new thing doesn?t arrive!

Got my date 21st Aug I was 2nd on list at dealers the lad who was 1st gets his 1 month earlier on 21st July. Just got to wait not a bad thing as I'm off to Germany middle of July plus want to wait and see what Austin Racing come out with

Agree with waiting rather than sacking it in favour of something else, although there are plenty of great bikes out there - just hope the M?s going to be worth it. Moto GP type slip on along with M Sport rear sets and levers are on my list.

The only thing that sounds like a step back from what I?ve read is the initial brake feel compared to the Gen 3, I?m a definite believer in a big bit of early bite like the 3 has, going to miss that and may have to swap pads to try to regain some back. Hoping the new one?s going to be less well damped for road riding as the 3?s like a pogo stick with my 10 stones on board - ok on track though!

Back