Page 209 of 209 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209
Results 2,081 to 2,085 of 2085

Thread: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

Re: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

Quote Originally Posted by MacRR View Post
    Never experienced what you describe, I did several laps of the TT course on mine (2 up!) at rather more than 90mph and it was sublime. What bikes have you been riding before?
    Ive ridden and owned many bikes but i have simular problems with alot of them which may be due to my height/ weight and riding style so dont take any notice of my comments. If it works for you thats all that matters.
    Something in me really wants a bmw again but when i ride my r1 i think why the hell would i sell this. Its so much more fun than the bmw even if it hasnt got the top end bhp figure. Maybe another test ride will change my mind

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Kennybush's Avatar
    Riding
    SP-1, Guzzi T-3

Quote Originally Posted by Ukbmw View Post
    I took it for a test ride and the handling was very nervous. It kept tying itsself in knots and nearly threw me off at about 90mph. It felt like it had radical geometry with a less than useless steering damper. Just hated riding it. Took it straight back and told them they could keep it.
    I was convinced i would be buying it from all the reviews of it until i rode it.
    It has potential as its a grunty motor and most of the problems could be rectified with cash but at the time i would have been stretching my budget just to buy one without having to spend loads on modifying it.
    They cheap now though.
    That sounds very similar my mates experience. He bought a gsxr last year, it kept getting out of hand. Then he had a bad tank slapper at over the ton. Al within the first month of having the bike. Turns out there were a lot of owners complaining about this, but Suzuki UK wouldn't accept there was a problem. He ended up putting the bike back and got a full refund. I think afterwards Suzuki issued a software update to rectify whatever was causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennybush View Post
    That sounds very similar my mates experience. He bought a gsxr last year, it kept getting out of hand. Then he had a bad tank slapper at over the ton. Al within the first month of having the bike. Turns out there were a lot of owners complaining about this, but Suzuki UK wouldn't accept there was a problem. He ended up putting the bike back and got a full refund. I think afterwards Suzuki issued a software update to rectify whatever was causing it.
    Im glad that its not just me then. There is a review on youtube which i think was barons where it was shaking the bars.
    Its mainly a steering damper issue.

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Ukbmw View Post
    Its mainly a steering damper issue.
    It's not, it never is. They control an effect only.

Screenshot 2019-10-08 at 13.52.45.png
    Last edited by alex; 9th October 2019 at 08:23 AM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alex For This Useful Post:

Riding
    2020 KTM 1290 SDR

It wouldn’t be anything to do with software, it’s just a fast steering bike that gets a little bit livelier than some other bikes if provoked, I would suggest the effect of this is more to do with how a particular rider feels about and copes with riding a bike with this characteristic more than anything else. Try riding a 1290 Superduke R, now they are liveley