12000 mile , 2 year service & warranty question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosso

Reaction score
Hi Gents

About to book in with Manchester, what is my target price for the above please?

Additionally, I bought my bike second hand with 1000 miles on the clock. The warranty runs out at the end of this month.
Will BMW write to me offering an extension or do I actively have to pursue this through a dealer/UK?

Cheers

Hi Gents

About to book in with Manchester, what is my target price for the above please?

Additionally, I bought my bike second hand with 1000 miles on the clock. The warranty runs out at the end of this month.
Will BMW write to me offering an extension or do I actively have to pursue this through a dealer/UK?

Cheers

I had a 2 year service done recently by BMW Battersea. Was about ?250. Would have been extra ?70 for brake fluid change but this had already been done before service.

For extended warranty on secondhand bike you will need to seek it out. You can apply online: google BMW motorrad extended warranty.

Bmw wrote to me to offer the extended warranty, 350 Ish for the year. The 18000 is the expensive service as it is the the valve clearances and cost about 900 at battersea, it’s only due though at 18000 miles as I just had my 6 yr service at 23000 and not needed again until 36000.

Warranty and service are different things. BMW can sell you packages for both. Warranty is an annual price, service packs are for 3yrs/18000 miles, or 5 years (I assume 30k miles but need to check)

I've got the extended warranty..?41.00 pm inc Breakdown. I've never used it, however it's like the lottery...If I stop playing my regular numbers !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies. Had the service it?s Motorrad Manchester today, rear pads were spent, so they discounted and fitted. The initial service quote was sub ?200, but despite no records, they honoured it.

I waited while it was done, continued to carry out work calls, emails etc in great surroundings & comfort.

They have helped me last minute prior to a Scotland trip earlier this year. This is despite the bike being purchased privately approx 18 months ago.

Based on my experiences & if they are to continue, they have a customer for life.
The bike is phenomenal, the dealer is equally worthy of that title.

A credit to the brand.

That switches me right on mate...I love good service.....reminds me of the service I give my customers now and in the past...

Interesting mate how old was the bike then/mileage when the work was carried out can I ask.

Cheers s

It was 4.5 yrs old and had done about 21500 miles mainly around London with several blasts on the Continent.

I heard a noise on the clutch when I was stationary and clutch was engaged that disappeared when I put it in neutral and let the clutch lever out. Took it to BMW at Battersea and they sorted it out with BMW warranty.

Cheers for that mate..guessing thats would have been an expensive job..

Glad they resolved it to yoir satisfaction.

Cheers

S

Really encouraging to see some high mileage RR?s knocking about.
Would love to know if there are any 80k plus ones out there.
Some of the US guys seem to rack up some big miles with long freeway commutes & tours.
Perhaps start another thread for the highest uk mileage RR?..
@oli & @gixxerchuck seem to be getting the miles in.

Really encouraging to see some high mileage RR?s knocking about.
Would love to know if there are any 80k plus ones out there.
Some of the US guys seem to rack up some big miles with long freeway commutes & tours.
Perhaps start another thread for the highest uk mileage RR?..
@oli & @gixxerchuck seem to be getting the miles in.

If it hadn?t been nicked I?d have been on nearly 70k now. Both S1KRRs over 30k and did around 9k on the Gixxer whilst without an S1KRR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12000 mile , 2 year service & warranty question

If it hadn?t been nicked I?d have been on nearly 70k now. Both S1KRRs over 30k and did around 9k on the Gixxer whilst without an S1KRR

I can?t compete with that mileage, mine is only circa 50k now.
I commuted frequently during the first two years of ownership which is when I did GixxerChuck levels of mileage! [emoji6]

In my experience the warranty has been rock solid, so assuming one has the extended warranty I wouldn?t have any worries running these bikes to 100 K miles

- Oli

Last edited:
Re: 12000 mile , 2 year service & warranty question

I can?t compete with that mileage, mine is only circa 50k now.
I commuted frequently during the first two years of ownership which is when I did GixxerChuck levels of mileage! [emoji6]

In my experience the warranty has been rock solid, so assuming one has the extended warranty I wouldn?t have any worries running these bikes to 100 K miles

- Oli

That?s my plan, do 100k then speak to BMW and say look here?s a good advert for your product, I?ll do you a favour and swap for a brand new one and you don?t need to pay me

That?s my plan, do 100k then speak to BMW and say look here?s a good advert for your product, I?ll do you a favour and swap for a brand new one and you don?t need to pay me

Completely agree. There was a panigale knocking around with over 50k on the clock that no main dealers would touch.
A high mileage thread opened on the Ducati forum & my comment was that it would be a great advert to see a high mileage ( particularly Sportsbike) in the showroom which has been detailed within an inch of its life. A fair few members shared the same view.
As a dealer, I would drop it in & show any new prospective customers.
Confidence inspiring & a great advert.

Back