The bung done good

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Check this...
Photo 05-09-2018, 10 02 07.jpg
-
-
This is what she looked like on the way to the garage (she was due her 12K service for oil, filters and brake fluid).
Photo 31-08-2018, 09 43 54 (1).jpg
-
-
She's out now with engine case sliders and rad guards. I like battle scars so she stays as is. The only thing I gotta fix is the push fit grommet on the LHS fairing near your knee which is still there but is now loose so won't hold the fairing, just slips off.
Gonna take it off and see if it can be araldited with supports / wedges. I'll be back on here if I need a hand.
-
BTW, check the rear axle bung. Looks like someones taken an angle grinder to it. Oh, yes they did, it was me...

Last edited:
Is that an extended screen I see on yours? or am I imagining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh, I've used this with great results to fix the plug back onto the fairings for Stuart, I've even transplanted them to other panels that were sheared off totally...
Thanks Jimmy.
Might have a go at it tonight with araldite or superglue, or shall I lash out ?3 on yer Milliput and do it laters?
Looks pretty clean cut. I s'pose epoxy resin has a bit of flex which is good?
H
Photo 06-09-2018, 18 54 33.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at that crack Hugh, I would use Araldite Rapid it would seal both sides back together invisibly and would set fast with a little masking tape holding it all together tightly.

JimmyMac

Thanks Jimmy.
b73215d6ecd295818b1c436763257b8f.jpg

As BvG would say, looks like I?ve spoffed all over it...
Not that I?d ever do that to my RR...
Or a lady...
Ummm.

Back