Biker down

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Young lad got T-boned on a notorious junction near where I live this morning. Was getting up, heard the crash and then screaming. I sat with him until the ambulance arrived. Cyclist already there and stopped him from moving, we had him wedged just as we found him.
Occurred to me afterwards that I really need to do a biker down course.
Have any of you guys done one?

Sorry to hear that, hope his injuries aren't too serious. I've not done a course, although I have been first on scene before where the 999 ambulance operator talked me through what to do before the Paramedic arrived...

Sorry to hear of this Hugh, I hope the chap makes a full recovery.

I?ve not done a biker down course either, though I would like to attend one in future

I haven’t but there’s one 20 miles every second month. I’ll make a pint of doing one.

Good on you mate.....hope the fella is ok and heals.

Probably something we should all do tbh....

Other than obvious things like leave helmet on and secure area ...999 is my limit..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I might be wrong but I’m sure they show you the correct method for removing a helmet if you have to......could be completely wrong on that one but I’m sure someone who has done it told me.

Never remove it unless you need to do cpr.

If you have to; Shoei helmets have emergency release systems and I am sure other brands do too.

Great care must be taken as if the neck is made of egg shells.

- Alex

We got a "biker down" next weekend 1 mile up the road from me. Will give it a go i think. I did my "ice" numbers on my phone today and the tracker i have will notify the services if i crash as well. Can never be too careful

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't do Facebook but theres a FB presence on this linked in to Motorcycle Scotland...
https://www.motorcyclescotland.com/biker-down-scotland-free-course/

Looks like you email them or if your on FB access it from there..

Theres one on in Callendar at end of Sept...this is worthwhile. I'll email them.
6ae3d15abb82a691bcce7b525ba909f1.jpg
237567f9064b950fc1c49849809bdaa1.jpg

The one in Callander is the one I was talking about, I think Gary Wood runs it as he seems to be at every one I believe.

Ive done the biker down course with my usual riding buddies so that if the worst happens then we know how to handle the situation.

Was a really insightful evening, they teach you how to perform CPR, control the scene, how to remove a helmet safely and lots of other things.

I certainly recommend doing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't do Facebook but theres a FB presence on this linked in to Motorcycle Scotland...
Thanks Stuart, although you have different procedures for dealing with a casualty in Scotland tho.
1. Check victim blood-type (Rangers or Celtic) in order to most effectively take the piss.
2. Confirm bike is beyond repair and you'll take it off their hands for a good price.
3. Insert intravenous Irn Bru drip.

CRASH.............. Stuart pull's up.... "how's it going mate...sooooooooooooo what team do you support".... guy's lying there with his head burst open.... Rang...... VROOOOOM......... stuart leaves the scene !

CRASH.............. Stuart pull's up.... "how's it going mate...sooooooooooooo what team do you support".... guy's lying there with his head burst open.... Rang...... VROOOOOM......... stuart leaves the scene !

Very funny Stuart, may your gloating be short lived and rare, lol.

As far as the Biker Down course, good on the guys that are going to it, great skills to have as long as you are not frightened to use them.

True story from the start of this summer, almost as funny as Huge's test for assistance, too funny to be made up.........

Your intrepid hero (Me) is riding his Hp4 to the local town to get its MOT, upon a busy small roundabout I see a cyclist on the road with blood all over his legs, his bike in middle of road on white lines, he is sitting in the lane approaching roundabout, with a crowd of on-lookers looking at him but no-one helping.

I got off my bike and stopped all the traffic with the help of a HGV who made a safe area for the cyclist who was sitting on the road understandably swearing with pain, I asked him where he was sore and he told me his right shin (it was clearly broken but not penetrating the skin). After ascertaining there were no other injuries and that no other vehicle had been involved, I asked him if he could shuffle backward off the road onto the pavement as the road was jam packed with impatient drivers who were endangering him and others. I assisted him backwards on to the pavement and made him comfortable whilst I recovered his bike from the road and waved goodbye to the truck driver, I saw a man on the phone to the Ambulance who were on-route.

When I was walking back to him I saw two REALLY fat women push through the crowd shouting "let us through, we are Nurses", I held back as I had an inkling of what was to come.

One of them grabbed his wrist whilst the other grabbed him from behind and put her hands around his throat almost choking him, almost instantly she said, 'I can't find a pulse!!!!!!!!!!" Oblivious to the fact that the guy was conscious, breathing and holding his knee whilst he was assaulted by these galloots.

I tried to speak to them but they told me to go away "we are Nurses". I just smiled to the cyclist who was now in a panicked state no doubt wondering which one of Sharon or Tracey was going to rape him first.

I started laughing and went back to my bike and buggered off, I was laughing for ages as through experience I know that whilst Doctors and Nurse do fantastic work in a Hospital setting with Second Aid few of them are any good at First Aid unless they are specifically trauma workers. My Daughter is a Nurse and she agrees that they rarely see injuries that have not been stabilised prior to their intervention.

Seriously to those that are attending the courses, best of luck and well done for taking the time out to do it. NEVER be afraid to help an injured person, you might be the difference of life and death.

Just watch out for Sharon and Tracey, or Joyce who missed out on raping the cyclist as she was getting her blonde extensions permed, lol.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Them fat slags were clearly Rangers supporters and the poor guy was a Celtic fan.....
bad9b489b13038b6cbf50c4ef4abfdb3.jpg

So to get back to the original thread and avoid Jimmys foul and bitter rants...

They have 12 slots available Sunday 22nd Sept @ Motherwell Fire Station...I'll be going.

Taking into account me and Jimmys differences.... what happens when were out together and one or the other takes a dive....[emoji849][emoji849]

Back