What music have you just re-discovered

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyMac

Reaction score
As a music fan I have over 1000 CD Albums which I have put onto my computer. Scrolling through them tonight I realised that I hadn't listened to Cheryl Tweedy/Cole/Fernandez Fersini, or just plain Cheryl for ages.

Having just listened to the '3 Words' album in its entirety, it took me back to the day I bought it in a petrol station on Kensington High St. after a weekend in London with my Wife in 2010, the detail of my recollection is actually startling and it is purely down to the music, I've correctly remembered the weather, the conversations we had in the car and what my Wife was wearing that day, where we stopped for food and what we purchased in the Metro Centre on the way up the road, usually I am in a fuzzy daze and don't seem to consciously notice too much detail about things that don't interest me.

I had to study and practice Cognitive Interviewing when I was in the Police for victims of historical sexual abuse and I know that music, smells and other triggers on your senses can help take you back to certain times in your life and this album has just did this to me, quite a pleasure and I now intend to listen to 'Messy Little Rainbows' before bed.

Anybody else listen to any gems lately which brought back good, long forgotten memories?

Sorry to have blethered on but hey ho, its Friday and I don't watch Big Brother, or Love Island Felix.......

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Took the day off yesterday as it was my birthday, had an empty house at one point so brought up You Tube on the telly and watched some old Scorpions and Sabbath footage - wonderful to regress back to my teenage years just for a short while - but regardless of music genre, what's happened to great musicianship and song writing? My kids expose me to the latest 'Now' albums every time I get in the car and to be fair there's some good stuff still out there but it's just so manufactured? As one of my sons pointed out, 'maybe music nowadays isn't aimed at you' - I think he may have a point...

Last edited:
As one of my sons pointed out, 'maybe music nowadays isn't aimed at you' - I think he may have a point...

Happy Birthday Mac, tell your son your not ready for the Ovaltine just yet.

I think the modern music in the main is money oriented by the labels hence the lack of originality, but the you get folk like Ed Sheeran who seems to be motivated by other things which brings its own rewards including the cash.

Im a Radio 2 listener now after years of Radio 1, my mornings are usually centred around Ken Bruce and Popmaster at 10.30, however try to keep away from Jeremy Vine as I find his argumentative manner annoying.

JimmyMac

Happy birthday buddy!

Took the day off yesterday as it was my birthday, had an empty house at one point so brought up You Tube on the telly and watched some old Scorpions and Sabbath footage - wonderful to regress back to my teenage years just for a short while - but regardless of music genre, what's happened to great musicianship and song writing? My kids expose me to the latest 'Now' albums every time I get in the car and to be fair there's some good stuff still out there but it's just so manufactured? As one of my sons pointed out, 'maybe music nowadays isn't aimed at you' - I think he may have a point...

Brilliant, it was my youngest's b/day yesterday too and my mate and his wife dropped in last night to see her, unfortunately she had bolted with her pals, so we polished off a bottle of Grouse and done in a bottle of Auchentoshan American Wood...and fired up you tube on my TV... done exact same as you Mac... first tune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lli99OmkPwM That set the tone for the rest of the night.... watched Thriller the video as well... choreography is absolutely outstanding... happy birthday my man ..

Oh and for what it's worth Amanda (20) loves rock music... she said to me the other day why is there no music like this anymore... I was blasting UFO strangers in the night double album in my car...an album I bought in in 1979..lol..

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Mac, tell your son your not ready for the Ovaltine just yet.

I think the modern music in the main is money oriented by the labels hence the lack of originality, but the you get folk like Ed Sheeran who seems to be motivated by other things which brings its own rewards including the cash.

Im a Radio 2 listener now after years of Radio 1, my mornings are usually centred around Ken Bruce and Popmaster at 10.30, however try to keep away from Jeremy Vine as I find his argumentative manner annoying.

JimmyMac

Your just getting old and Crabbit Jimmy Mac

When I discovered Spotify, I spent many evenings time-travelling back to earlier days. Music is so evocative, I tapped in to all sorts thoughts and emotions that must've been rattling around in there for decades.
I was in tears a lot of the time, couldn't understand why. Thinking on it, I reckon it's all about your plans versus what actually transpires.
When you're young, you're the sum of your dreams. As you get older you become defined by your decisions.
To be utterly transported back to a nervous teen or an ambitious young man quite blew me away.

Haha I'm in Ducati Glasgow "The Model" is on right now on their sound system I bought the 12 inch when I was 15... no bad scran too... oh how life and bike shops have changed
a0cd9be3cc788c90d32f129d727f283e.jpg
fa2468ce68e74a3fff75c7992efd63f6.jpg
8ce7907a5ae5ca985a083ef05840864e.jpg
a519a3f63a7162631e16d2d7096cef84.jpg
2e9fee83395a824ca12ac757b14e72ff.jpg
1b10a13783cf12e7f9f28f5c1c4e66db.jpg
8881307443622236a4b9cbd2562ac2d7.jpg
8fced19ef6fe6bc0700c74e91abc332c.jpg
330768de184755d74b7661ef79cb85d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lol those prostate cancer books aint mine btw hahahaha

Last edited:
Even the mention of 'prostrate' makes me wince...! Looks a smart shop, funnily enough I happened to pass Ducati Peterborough yesterday so very briefly popped in for a quick sit on a Pani V4 as I hadn't seen one close up. Beautiful bit of kit but hardly distinguishable from a 1299, seemed to have decent leg room but a pretty 'wristy' riding position, no way could I justify spending 20 odd grand on one though...

Even the mention of 'prostrate' makes me wince...! Looks a smart shop, funnily enough I happened to pass Ducati Peterborough yesterday so very briefly popped in for a quick sit on a Pani V4 as I hadn't seen one close up. Beautiful bit of kit but hardly distinguishable from a 1299, seemed to have decent leg room but a pretty 'wristy' riding position, no way could I justify spending 20 odd grand on one though...
Yea I thought that too...they are tiny, as nice as they are they do nothing for me, Id miss the howl off my inline 4... . Seen that gixxer and you sprung to mind Mac...smart machine that..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back