Computer (email) woes.....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I?m having issues with outlook with regards to sending emails with files attached, whilst uploading the file to the email itself, it sometimes doesn?t fully load and will disappear. I originally put it down to file size but sometimes it?ll work, and at other times it won?t. Sometimes it will load and send the larger files and when I try and load a smaller file it won?t do it.

for example I sent a file yesterday that was 21mb, I then tried with a file that was 32mb and it loaded it roughly 80% before disappearing. I then reduced it down to 19mb and it?s done the same thing twice this morning, loads to about the 80% before attaching to the email and disappearing, nothing comes up to say ?file can?t attach? or anything like that.

any idea? Just normal outlook email account, not that premium account or whatever it?s called.

Do you mean outlook as in hotmail/gmail the browser based email client?

(Thus it can't be 2010)

If so it is probably better to upload files of that size to OneDrive or Dropbox and share the link to them.

- Alex

A lot of email servers will not accept attachments that large, email was never designed for large data transfer, but that is a secondary issue to the one you describe. Are you using O365 as a web client through your browser, and/or an Outlook client installed locally on your machine? What exactly is your setup?

Now you’re asking, it’s the lads laptop.

All I know is I’m going to hotmail.com (outlook) via the web browser which is google iirc. Because it’s allowing me to upload I presume the size isn’t too much, I’ve tried uploading much larger files and it doesn’t allow you any further. What it does do is ask if I’d like to upload via OneDrive because of the size of the file, but when I select OneDrive nothing ever seems to happen. At least with the other option I get the loading bar showing me the progress of the upload.

after putting this thread up if finally worked, it’s very temperamental though, works sometimes, other times it doesn’t. It’s very frustrating when it gets to 80% complete then vanishes.

Use google photos mate and send a link ... I do it on here loads no limit to images sent...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Use google photos mate and send a link ... I do it on here loads no limit to images sent...

Yeah, despite us saying we don't want THOSE kinds of photos!! #wheresthemindbleachgone

- Alex

Now you’re asking, it’s the lads laptop.

All I know is I’m going to hotmail.com (outlook) via the web browser which is google iirc. Because it’s allowing me to upload I presume the size isn’t too much, I’ve tried uploading much larger files and it doesn’t allow you any further. What it does do is ask if I’d like to upload via OneDrive because of the size of the file, but when I select OneDrive nothing ever seems to happen. At least with the other option I get the loading bar showing me the progress of the upload.

after putting this thread up if finally worked, it’s very temperamental though, works sometimes, other times it doesn’t. It’s very frustrating when it gets to 80% complete then vanishes.

Sounds very much like a connectivity issue. It could be your wifi dropping packets (or the wireless card in the laptop), your internet connection or the server you are talking to timing out or refreshing the session.

Worth checking the laptop drivers and bios are all up to date and maybe give your internet connection the famous fix, turn it off for 10 seconds and back on. That might clear the issue but tbh its hard to diagnose based on a forum interaction.

Was a bit disapointed no one replied or thanked me on the chat !... thought you had all turned gay...

Back