Hi folks

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi sam, welcome to the site. Where about in the Island are you? A few good guys from your part of the world on here now, great to see.

What bikes have you had?

You have the very same likes as myself, so what is your favourite music, don't be shy, everyone on here knows my guilty pleasure is Kylie.

Enjoy the forum, it is full of really decent folk without exception and most of us find help in abundance on here when we need it.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Hi Jimmy, thanks for the welcome.

I'm just at the top of the Ards peninsula - Newtownards.

I rode a K8 Gsxr 600 before this, I have a 2003 Z1000 in pearl blazing orange (current project bike - for sale too), recently got rid of a '98 Hornet... back in the day I had a few Aprilia Rs125's and a Mito along with an RG125 wolf and an AR125.

Kylie... I'm more of a rock/metal kinda guy although my playlist has all kinds right through to hardstyle lol.

Welcome to the forum Sam and congratulations on your new RR!

What were some of your favourite experiences onboard your GSXR?
Do you have any trips planned on your RR?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here as you are no doubt already realising, and loads of information too.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Last edited:
Thanks Oli,

My most favourite experience on the Gsxr was trying to keep up with the big bikes, so much fun!

A friend and I are hoping to ride from N.I to Germany for a track day at the Nurburgring possibly next year. We do decent miles when we're out and about here (around 300+ per run). These are very comfortable bikes.

Thanks Oli,

My most favourite experience on the Gsxr was trying to keep up with the big bikes, so much fun!

A friend and I are hoping to ride from N.I to Germany for a track day at the Nurburgring possibly next year. We do decent miles when we're out and about here (around 300+ per run). These are very comfortable bikes.

Awesome! Liking the profile photo too, I really need to get round to uploading one myself lol!

The Nurburgring is on my ToDo list too, @phil has lots of experience with Nurburgring track days and trips, I?m sure he?ll be long soon to provide some great advice [emoji846]

Fully agree on the S1K comfort/versatility front, it?s remarkable how well-rounded these bikes are. They quite literally never fail to disappoint, instead then excite and impress in equal measure [emoji41]

- Oli

Awesome! Liking the profile photo too, I really need to get round to uploading one myself lol!

The Nurburgring is on my ToDo list too, @phil has lots of experience with Nurburgring track days and trips, I’m sure he’ll be long soon to provide some great advice [emoji846]

Fully agree on the S1K comfort/versatility front, it’s remarkable how well-rounded these bikes are. They quite literally never fail to disappoint, instead then excite and impress in equal measure [emoji41]

- Oli

Thanks Oli.. that picture was snapped at a local charity run a few weeks back.

I've always had a niggling for doing a bit of a tour on the bike, I think I'd prefer it over a hot sunny holiday.

BMW didn't fail to impress with these machines! :love-struck:

Back