Removing DDC?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You question been answered but I can confirm it?s the right info, I?ve fitted loads of front and rear aftermarket suspension to customers bikes and always took them to BMW to disable the DDC before hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah I can get it done, if I go anywhere but ParkLane it seems. Next time the bike is in Norfolk she will go to Lind...

- Alex

When I took mine to the dealer to get it turned off they said they couldn't. They contacted BMW and they also said the only people who could disable it would be a race team via the rck3.

I just rode mine with the yellow triangle.

DDC Removal

When I took mine to the dealer to get it turned off they said they couldn't. They contacted BMW and they also said the only people who could disable it would be a race team via the rck3. I just rode mine with the yellow triangle.

This certainly used to be the case especially when the 2015 model was first released as most dealers didn't know how to do it and the RCK3 was the default answer. Now most BMW dealerships are more than capable of disabling DDC prior to removal through ISTA/P.

They contacted bmw uk who told them it couldn't be done. Was beginning of last year so they will have had plenty of time to work it out.

They even printed the email from bmw uk and showed me what they had to say.

Obviously things have changed since then

They contacted bmw uk who told them it couldn't be done. Was beginning of last year so they will have had plenty of time to work it out.

They even printed the email from bmw uk and showed me what they had to say.

Obviously things have changed since then
Its because the original order form for the bike has to be reissued in the system, sans ddc. On principle many won't do it.

- Alex

Sorry to bring up an old topic but if bmw say they cannot turn off the ddc then how can they offer a manual suspension version of the s1000rr?
I got a quote for a 2020 bmw that i wanted to have manual suspension as i dont really get on with the ddc, they said they could turn a ddc into a manual version no problems. Usa seem to have more of the manual setups than the uk but they are out there

This thread was pre Gen4. But my understanding is that they have to delete it from the order form then the system updates to having passive only/no warnings

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes. Sorry i meant bmw would sell you a manual gen 3 if you wanted one aswel

You can also buy a replacement PCB from Alpha to remove the DDC! error - I've just replaced the DDC stuff with K-Tech units and will probably go this route.

Does anyone know if the DDC! error warning can be removed as part of a third party flash?

I don't believe it does with the flash. Also, the RCK asks if you have ddc. You say no and it leaves the !DDC message there.

But do check with RS2E

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back