Removing DDC?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeboSTI

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Was planning to remove the DDC Suspension on my bike this week to fit Ohlins Forks & Rear Shock but was wondering will it throw up any error lights on dash or is there some way to disable the DDC using my GS-911 Tool prior to removal?

Thanks

It's likely someone on here will know...an answer will be forethcoming I would say mate. Sorry I can't help

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As Alex says, Ryan or @Baz will know for certain, however I believe you must have the DDC deactivated by a BMW dealer prior to removal of the DDC suspension.
Failure to do so in this order results in a DDC warning light.

- Oli

Last edited:
you cant remove the DDC warning light with the GS911 tool,only way you can do it is via the RCK3 software+unit,a very expensive way to go about it.you'll find most just stick some gaffa tape over it ;)

or at the dealer as above

Yes.Oli is correct.
If you disconnect it first,it will still show ddc if done afterwards.Just the job if you need to ride it to the dealers!!
I had mine done after swapping to ktech-total waste of time as it still showed the fault(black tape to the rescue,I just covered mine up).

why must it be before? the reason i know you cant use the gs911 unit is because i've tried with my previous 2 gen3 bikes that ran electronic suspension but theres no option to do it,and now with my latest one i have the RCK3 unit and sotfware,and i've just done it,running aftermarket suspension without the DDC light.it's given as an option in the software of the RCK.

Race Calibration Kit & DDC Removal

why must it be before? the reason i know you cant use the gs911 unit is because i've tried with my previous 2 gen3 bikes that ran electronic suspension but theres no option to do it,and now with my latest one i have the RCK3 unit and sotfware,and i've just done it,running aftermarket suspension without the DDC light.it's given as an option in the software of the RCK.

On a standard bike the DDC has to be ?removed? electronically by a BMW dealership first before the fork internals and rear shock are physically unplugged. The ECU is coded in such a way that it has to be done in that order. If not you get the rather irritating warning light and flashing error code. When the bike is flashed by BMW to accept the RCK3 the ECU is reprogrammed / race enabled and you can just use the software and cable to configure the bike yourself. That includes being able to disable the DDC as it?s assumed by BMW that if your using an RCK you will be fitting race suspension so they give you the option.

If the suspension is swapped, then you go to BMW with the bike and the DDC units, if you 'plug them in' is it possible to remove the error?

Also, just to clarify, you don't have to RCK right?

- Alex

DDC Removal

As far as I'm aware as long as the DDC suspension units are physically plugged into the bike it can be 'removed / disabled' by BMW. It is simply a box that needs unchecking on the BMW ISTA/P system when the bike is connected via the diagnostic port. In that sense there is no real requirement to invest in an RCK3 just to remove the DDC system.

DDC Removal

As soon as you reconnect the DDC the warning on the dash will disappear but a fault code will still be logged in the ECU. Ultimately you can either just put tape over the dash etc or have BMW disable it prior to physically removing the DDC system from the bike.

Back