Track only insurance question.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Morning all.
I'm looking into the costs associated with turning the RR into a track bike, all very pricey fun and games obviously.
On the plus side, I suppose I'll need to SORN the bike, insure it against theft from the garage (what about theft on the way to the track?), and I suppose it's wise to have some sort of (3rd party?) insurance in case I cause an accident on the track?
What do you guys do?

Last edited:
Trackday Insurance

Until recently I had a bespoke policy with BeMoto which placed specific emphasis on trackday bike storage and transit to and from circuits. To be honest most trackday only riders don't bother with liability insurance as quite frankly it costs an absolute fortune and there are very few insurers that actually offer this service. That and you are required to sign a disclaimer each and every time you do a trackday whereby you acknowledge the risks and dangers associated with riding on track. Likewise very few people pay for the expensive premiums that exist which cover crash damage and simply fund repairs themselves. It goes without saying accidents and collisions can, and do, happen on trackdays.

Thanks Guys. I?d definitely never go insuring against for my own bike damage, but most interesting that many people don?t bother with 3rd party track incident too.
I?ll ask around for theft only insurance. H

Yeah - there's no claiming if another rider puts you in the ditch, which sucks if you get taken out. Usually people sort these things out at the track.

Back