Club championship (golf)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I played in the final of the club championship at my club yesterday for the 2nd time, I?ve played 3 seasons there starting back in 2011,2012, started playing again last year but missed the qualifiers because I started playing again later in the year.

As a junior I won the U12 cup and the junior club championship so I?ve always wanted to add a club championship to the cv. I haven?t been playin well but my game had came on the last 4 weeks and during my matches I seem to be able to up my game.

i was +1 for 9 and 2 up, started the back 9 good and was 3 up with 6 to go. I then lost the 13 but won the 15th with a birdie to go dormie 3 up. 3 up with 3 to play. Surely this is it, my name will be going up on the board. At this point in the round I was +2 and I think Jim was +5

i hit a cracking drive that left me 95 yards in, Jim was 25yrds further back and left his 2nd just off the front left of the green, pin was dead centre of the green 5 paces on. I?m thinking he?ll get up and down so a par wins it. Bellend here pulls it into the left bunker, idiot! I couldn?t get up and down so 2 with 2 to go. 17th was much the same, Jim left his tee shot short of the green, a par of 165yrds, I pulled an 8 iron left of the green but not sitting to great in the semi rough. A tough chip but feeling confident, I left it well short. He got up and down and I couldn?t convert. Back to 1 with 1 to go.

The 18th is a par 5 of 515 yards. Jim puts it down the middle and I hit it left but across onto the 7th fairway, not a problem, ideal angle into the green. He plays down the left side of the fairway maybe 45-50yrds short, bunker in the way by with the slope of the green and pin position he can easily play it to the centre and it?ll feed down. I?ve got 245yrds to the centre, bunkers either side but I?m feeling good. I hit the 19* 5 wood and hit it well, maybe slightly off the toe but it stays out to the right, heading for the bunker. I thought it came up short leaving me the ideal chip but it made it to the bunker. Jim plays it to about 3.5ft, I play a good bunker shot across and it leaves us having to measure off to see who has to putt first.

3.5ft putt to win the championship, I?ve been waiting for this, the putt to win on 16 and 17 we?re fairly long, ow a very doable putt that I make every time, inside right lip, for a birdie and to win as Jim has a putt for the same........bawbag here obviously pumped up hits it too firm through the break and misses! Fool me dead! Jim makes the birdie 4 and it?s all square. Extra holes now!

I was raging, to lose the last 3 holes, I had went bogey, bogey, par for +4 and Jim had went par, par, birdie for a +6

On to the 1st we go, intake my clubs to the tee as I?m contemplating hitting driver which could put me on the green, I feel I need to force the situation but decide against. It?s a 300yrd par 4 but narrows as you get closer to the green, there?s 3 desperate fairways, the first Orr before the burn, which is maybe 175yrds away, the second part after and the 3rd lower part over on the right hand side, the 2nd part and 3rd part are separated by a slope that?s semi rough. I take a 4 iron and cream it, but it kicks down onto the bit that separates the 2/3 fairway. Not sitting too well and ball below my feet. Jim drives it to the 3rd part, I hit a decent shot but not hard enough, lands short and kicks to the right of the green pin high, horrible shot up the bank.....not looking good! Jim plays a wedge to 3ft. I play a pitch and run with the 5 wood thinking I need to hole this and it goes to 5ft, I miss and give Jim the match.

Absolutely f#%king gutted! Absolute arsin twat!

Jim went -2 for the last 4 holes including the 1st extra hole. I?m fact, looking over the last 7 holes from 13 to the first he was -2, I was +3 for the same stretch.

I?d rather have been level or behind and lost than to have been dormie 3 up with 3 to play, as you can tell it?s prioer got to me, pissed aff! Lol!

anyway, sorry for the long winded post but fook it!

Tough luck Wull, don't dwell on it, just think of how you got so close with so little practice.

How many guys in your club would have loved to be in your shoes?

Good luck for next year.

JimmyMac

Tough luck Wull, don't dwell on it, just think of how you got so close with so little practice.

How many guys in your club would have loved to be in your shoes?

Good luck for next year.

JimmyMac

I know, it’s tough though, I’ll dwell on it for a few days then forget about it. Plan next year is to take no prisoners, I feel like revenge will be sweet, destroy them haha.

Excuse the typo’s, too late to edit but won’t matter.

Back