My rapidbike vs pcv comparison 2017

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corkgsxr

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
My bike made 190 hp with the rapidbike Evo. It wasn't bad. Made the bike 90% right.

I upgraded to the race module. I couldn't see much difference but it never felt like smooth power. And if I turned off the bike for any time it felt like the unit had to make most of the map again. Never got it 100%

I swapped to pcv5 because that's what my Dyno fella uses. He does alot of the Northwest and tt bikes. I trust him.

He sed unless your going to cams and all sorts then you only need the single module.

Bike made 90ft tq and 195 hp. Power feels smooth.
It's Abit fluffy if your at very very low speed. Eg 5-15 mph.

In a real world comparison. A road near me previously if you gave it welly it got to 160 mph before you got to the braking point. Today 169mph.

(I know some will give out it's a quiet middle of nowhere straight with good views around near me)

And I can now fit my wallet under the seat easy again. :emmersed:

So how did they get around the 2017's need for the O2 sensors to be plugged in?

Glad you're happier, not sure the RBR ever got set up right mine makes more than your 190.

- Alex

Last edited:
This prooves the rule... Find the tuner you trust and fit what they want to run for best results.

- Alex

There still in. Bike uses the o2 sensors for the closed loop. Pcv is locked for for that. Means no blanking pair valve anymore either. Makes constant throttle smoother.

Funny thing is past 12k revs the bikes ecu restricts throttle to 90% if you could unlock that through bmw rk I'd have roughly 212 hp

Can you point me at a manual for the closed loop lock please. I want to recommend PCV's done the right way...

The 90% might be affected by intake velocity and timing... Its not 10% more air therefore 10% more power...

- Alex

Fwiw I don't use the Pair valve covers on my RBR. Though I was thinking of adding them.

- Alex

Power Commander

Trying to fathom how it suddenly works now. Maybe some tuners just aren't doing it right

I think it's just a case that some of the better tuners have found out how to get the PCV to work and the workarounds required.

Yes...but there is no such thing as magic. So we need the correct parts / options to let folk know what they need.

- Alex

Power Commander

I agree. My only comment is that if some of the better tuners are getting it to work without additional parts they may not be willing to divulge how they do it. I know Phil Crowe is getting very good results with PCVs, with no additional Dynojet products, but rather unsurprisingly he isn't willing to discuss how he does it.

Nope just the single module fitted.

No warning lights no nothing. Just works.

He's had ones with similar power that on 100 throttle made that power that's were he's getting it from.

And for reference I checked that straight is 1km long. With a crossroad on end and s bend other. So you'd want to be down to 30/40mph at either end.

So let's say 9 mph different in a half mile ish

Well that's a great real world result and although confused I am glad you've no errors.
Sounds like you've found a good tuner.

I don't know. He was sure it was no issue and sure enough no prob. No warning lights nothing

Maybe because the lambdas aren't touched.

Runs better with pair reconnected on the closed loop area. Ya he does alot of the big tt bikes.

Would love to know how this works.

The PC5 i fitted to my 2017 threw an EML because the O2 sensors were disconnected (as per the PC5 instructions).

Are your O2 sensors still connected?

Cheers

Mark

Back