Akrapovic Titanium Header Advice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ty5364

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I have spent a little while trawling through the many posts about Akrapovic full systems and the types of A-F modules required to ensure correct running and maximum power. There is some much quality info on our forum, but to a complete novice such as yours truly, at times it can be a little confusing.

My question is reference the headers, ideally I would like to fit a titanium header to my stock 2015 fitted with a Akrapovic titanium slip on silencer. The Akrapovic website only makes reference to a stainless steel optional header which requires no remapping. The other two exhausts are complete titanium systems and require ECU remapping.

So if I am able to source just the titanium header and connect it to my titanium Akrapovic slip-on will I still need to have my ECU remapped?

My intention is to stop riding my RR on the road for now and participate more on trackdays. However, I would like to retain the ability to return it to road legal format for MOTs and maintain a service history with BMW.

You can run a full Akrapovic system without remapping. I have a full Akrapovic system on my 2013 RR that does not have an A-F module fitted and it runs fine for me.

I have no doubt that running on a dyno and adding A-F module would get the most out of the exhaust but it will work without. I have no EML warning lights on the dash, but GS911 does pick up that there is no signal from the exhaust servos.

A full Akrapovic system should not affect BMW warranty & is fine for MOTs (for full road legality check homologation of exhaust)

Last edited:
Akrapovic make compatible headers for their slip-on silencers in both stainless-steel and titanium.
With regard to fuel modules, it is generally good practice to check fuelling on a dyno after installing a full system or when removing the catalytic converter. However as FlyingScotsman says it is safe to run the Akrapovic full system with the stock lambda sensors installed.
My personal opinion is that fuel modules are well worthwhile, not so much for the performance increase, but more to ensure the fuelling is as close to perfect as practically possible. I?ve run an Akrapovic full system without a fuel module, then with a custom mapped module, and now without again. If I was installing a full system all over again, I would account for a fuel module as it does make a tangible improvement to the throttle response and overall ?crispness? for want of a better word. In for a penny in for a pound as they say lol!

With regard to MoT?s and legality. So long as the silencer is type approved for road use, then you have nothing to fear. If it has accommodation for a baffle, then that should be installed for the MoT. To date, there is no requirement for a motorcycle to have a catalytic converter in the UK.
Re warranty, as FlyingScotsman says, a full system and fuel module should not invalidate your BMW warranty, though your dealer is unlikely to install the decat headers or a fuel module

- Oli

Last edited:
Akrapovič

From experience every Akrapovič full system that I have fitted to a variety of bikes has required mapping regardless of what?s stated on their website. If you are going to invest in a full system then you may as well exploit the benefits of it by fitting a fuelling module.

Ive run 2 gen 2s with full systems and the pc5 made a big difference with a custom map. Even with different akro end cans on a full system there is differences in how it "feels". The gen 2 i have now was mapped with a full system and stubby akro (bought bike from a friend) . When he sold me the bike it had done a couple of trackdays and had the large akro on it. Yes it ran fine but i noticed when i blipped coming down the gears it wasnt "crisp". I have since put a shorty back on and its now feels and sounds "crisp" again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your replies, so basically its ok to run a full system, but to gain full potential I should fit a fuel module and have my bike setup on a dyno.

Incidentally, I don't have any warranty as it expired at the two year point (Sep 17) and its first MOT is due next month. It has only covered 1800 miles, in exceptional condition and it is a little scary how cheap S1000RR gen3 track bikes can be purchased for!

I guess my next question is, what's the best practical fuel module for track day use that will not compromise my BMW service history?

Full System

Simply put you will not know if it?s ok to run your bike with a full system until you have put it on a Dyno and physically checked the fuelling.

Fuel Module

A RapidBike fuel module is perhaps the best option for a 2015+ model.

A RapidBike fuel module is perhaps the best option for a 2015+ model.

RapidBike Race gets my vote too.

@Ty5364 as you are a Premier Forum member you are eligible to a forum discount on said modules.
Contact @alex if you are interested [emoji4]

- Oli

Last edited:
Back