Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Installing Akrapovic Full system

Installing Akrapovic Full system

Basically, follow the instructions - BUT -->

- to remove the oil cooler and radiator hanger bracket - unscrew the oil cooler to allow you to gain access to the screw head

- likewise refitting it

- the instructions tell you to hand tighten the header brackets before installing the header pipes - well, if you do, then tightening the bolts on the headers becomes almost impossible because the spring tensioners lie across the bolts. Suggest completely tightening them prior to offering up the first section of the pipework

Re: Installing Akrapovic Full system

nice one
    never thought about taking the oil cooler out the bracket so you can reach the screw

I'm considering attempting this but have a couple more questions.

The standard exhaust appears to have two sets of cables operating valves in the standard pipework. When fitting a full race akrapovic do you remove these cables from both servo motors in their entirity and does this cause fault lights on the dash like it does on other bikes?

Also, do you screw the lambda probes into the Akrapovic downpipes if you are fitting a PCV? I seem to remember the PCV on my RC8R came with O2 eliminators which meant the lambda holes in the Akrapovic pipework were fitted with blanking bungs instead of the lambda probes.

Can anyone advise??

Just follow the destructions, tis simples i managed it, and no if your PCVing it you don't need the lambda sensors & you don't get any fault codes. Just take your time and make sure you have the right tools (a 12 point socket for the headers is a must)
    There are a few threads on here and a handy vid for the PCV (if you've got the newer 1 it also has the gear sensor wire).
    Nothing beats the satisfaction when you've finished and you start it for the first time.
    Bring the Noise!!
    i accidentally swallowed some scrabble tiles my next shit could spell disaster.

If you turn the servo motor while removing the cables, doesn't this generate a fault code?

Thanks. Found the PCV video just after posting so that sorted the lambda question. The system came with lambda bungs so that's sorted.

What size 12 point socket do I need for the header bolts? Fingers crossed my socket set is of the 12 point variety. I have a feeling it isn't :-(

Ducky is correct , you shouldn't turn the servos , I just left the cables on the standard headers.
    you started it up yet ?

I've got to the oil cooler stage but I just can't see what you mean by unscrewing the oil cooler. The lower bracket in the 2012 bike is held on by a circlip and the oil cooler has two screws at either top corner holding it to the radiator. Do you mean these??

Also, how much movement flex does the oil cooler and rad have??

it has a reasonable amount
    I did not remove my oil filter on the multiple occasions I have changed my headers , I fucked about and undid the bolt from the block every time

Riding
    2015 HP4 Carbon

i think it refers to the bracket that goes back to the block and meets the bottom of the oil cooler and the bottom of the rad