Roll on 1st September!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waxy

Reaction score
Hi there from beautiful Borehamwood

As the title suggests I will be picking up my S1000RR sport when the new reg comes out on the 1st September.

Temporarily without a bike as I have already traded in my 2015 VFR800F. As much as I loved the VFR, especially the sound of the engine with the Remus exhaust, I am looking forward to getting back on a sports bike.

Previously I have always had sports bikes, Fireblades, R1s, ZX-10rs, Gixxers 600, 750, 1000 and loads of CBR600s. Got the VFR as I use my bike to commute to work in London and was changing jobs and thought I would have to park my bike in a public car park. As it turned out, I was provided with a space at work, so it is back to the sports bikes!

Also this will be my first time back on a litre bike since I got rid of my K8 Gixxer 1000 back in 2010...105bhp to 199bhp...should be interesting!

Hi waxy, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike. Not too many sleeps to go!

Hi Waxy, welcome to the site and hope you don't explode before the bike arrives.

Must be feeling like Christmas in your house just now.

All the best.

JimmyMac

Hi Waxy, welcome to the site and hope you don't explode before the bike arrives.

Must be feeling like Christmas in your house just now.

All the best.

JimmyMac

Thanks.

Been watching loads of videos on YT about the bike, but it is also going to be a miserable couple of weeks as I either have to get the Tube to work or cycle 20 miles each way!!

Hi Waxy, even running in will feel a whole lot more rapid than being on the trusty VFR, one or two others on here commute around London on their RR's

Welcome to the forum Waxy and congratulations on your new RR!

You?re certainly a sport-bike aficionado what with your extensive bike history.
Enjoy the excitement and anticipation as you await your new steed, you?re going to be thrilled with it that?s for sure [emoji41]

What sort of riding do you enjoy, beyond commuting?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Welcome to the forum Waxy and congratulations on your new RR!

You’re certainly a sport-bike aficionado what with your extensive bike history.
Enjoy the excitement and anticipation as you await your new steed, you’re going to be thrilled with it that’s for sure [emoji41]

What sort of riding do you enjoy, beyond commuting?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Thanks Oli.

Of all the bikes I have owned I would say my top two were the 954 Fireblade (I have owned two of these over the years and a K2 Gixer 750, which got totalled when I let a mate ride it who started popping wheelies and messed up).

These days I do a bit of scratching, but not as much as I used to nor track days anymore. 3 kids, coaching boxing and finally owning my dream car have all cut back on the amount of riding I used to do.

Welcome Waxy, are you wearing your carpet out walking up and down while waiting for 1st Sept?

+1 954 Fireblade was an excellent bike for the early 2000's, I loved mine.

Back