Leaky Forks?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKettles

Reaction score
Hi,

Bought a brand new S1000rr in June, awesome bike!

Having a bit of an issue with the front forks though. After every ride out they appear to be leaking, with an oily substance on both sides. I took it to the garage last week to get checked, but they have informed me that this is normal, and it's just oily dirt.

I can't quite figure out why this would be, since I have been riding it (for the most part) in the dry, and I didn't have this on my 2011 S1000rr.

Does anyone else have the same issue? Should I get a second opinion from another garage?
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/3IKDmY8
3IKDmY8

Cheers,
Cameron

All forks will have a film on them.
If you get a drip forming then the seals are likely to be bad but less than that seems 'normal'.

+3 - mine are the same (RHS much worse)......I checked in with my dealer the last time I was in and they popped the dust cover down to check the seal - it appears to just be the assembly grease that was used - definitely not leaking.......

Exactly as above. It?ll be assembly grease. It?s far more common for it to be apparent when we have warm weather as it is a lot thinner when hot. I guarantee in not even 6 months time you?ll find with the temperature lower you will be able to compress your forks and there won?t be any residue.
I?ve had about 10 customers in since May with exactly the same thing with these forks.
Fear not :)

Latest posts

Back