Hello from Lincolnshire

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javaman

Reaction score
Hi . . . I bought my 2015 new in May 2015 and with 2500 miles to date, I ride it sparingly. Reason it sees so little use is because I also have a 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 and . . . a car!! Also, the bike spent a year off the road with a holed radiator at only 800 miles. Of this year, 6 months was whilst it was sorned over winter and I was too lazy to fix it and the other six month was over the summer when I should have been riding it but . . . . . was too lazy to fix it!! Needless to say, ?500 later and having fixed it myself, it now has a rad guard fitted in order to protect the OEM Chocolate radiator.
Other than the above, the bike has been faultless but at 2500 miles and ?15K . . . I would hope so.
At 58 yrs old, I am getting a little long in the tooth but have ridden bikes for years and my current stable of two is designed to complement each other - one sensible sit up and beg, staid touring machine and one balls out, otherwise useless and totally impractical road missile to remind me of my youth. In order . ..MZ 150, CZ250, GT380, VFR750, ST1100, 1050 Tiger, S1k. . . .Apart from the S1K, I kept all my bikes for a minimum of 10 years from new.
Greetings from sunny Linolnshire

Welcome, you have some patience keeping bikes 10 years from new! Not sure why you regard sportsbikes as totally impractical though, ok some are but others like the S1K are comfortable, even if you are 50ish :) and tourable as well as fast, I think you need to ride yours more often

Welcome to the forum!

What have been some of your favourite experiences on your Tiger?

Do you have any biking plans for the rest of the Summer, a tour or weekend trip perhaps?
As Mac says, RR?s are surprisingly versatile sport bikes [emoji16]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many more happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Welcome to the forum, I had the same bike combo as you until recently, I still have my Slow Tiger 1050...

I hope your S1000RR keeps reminding you of your Yoof.

Back