Daytona Sole Issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Bought these in January FC-Moto, they lay in my cupboard completely unused till mid April due to that winter we had, noticed whilst cleaning them a couple of months ago the rhs boot sole was starting to wear quite badly, was cleaning and waxing them today and noticed the sole has a fairly large bit missing, I know the sole is quite soft but I doubt I've 5000 miles on them.. ffs !..

I emailed FC Moto, and Daytona, both of which have no facility to attach images... my boots are in good nick and undamaged except some user marks, 500 odd quid, they ain't cheap.

My Vortices lasted 6 seasons with a sole plate replacement after 4. Anyone else have issues ?

S
fdfcc2af72631ad916ed335e77638a3e.jpg
8c08054f6534a518df28eba1e1b9d5c9.jpg
4d1fe83971994df97a66f10aa0bf40cf.jpg
d1c107e001b9e7a6bd1c7d39b472b82d.jpg
841079804424ea75d4d4297095f05974.jpg
ab4e2c603f277eb02a451919f0f8ce4d.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you?re disappointed with the sole wear rate with your Daytona boots Stuart.

I have had the Evo Voltex GTX boots for several years now and am on my second second set of outers (since the NC500 tour). For what it is worth, both of my outer boots have worn similarly to yours, though in different locations (see attached photos).
Despite the wear, you?ll likely find that they don?t deteriorate much further for a considerable amount of mileage.

Daytona do offer a resoling/refurbishment service, but I think when the time comes it is more cost effective to replace the outer boot.
My inner boots are still absolutely fine.

f5e3b7320bd04e73ca0efcb72aea47ed.jpg
f390aa88d387ddd40932d03db402e212.jpg

- Oli

Last edited:
Interesting Oli... but 5 months use ! And 5k max miles... doubt they will entertain me but I'll post up any response...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My daytona gtx touring boots are 3 years and 25k miles done, no issues at all.

The hole on yours stu looks like it may have come from heat damage or possibly the end of the gilles footpeg which is quite rough?

Without doubt its the peg Soof.. I just didn't want to say lol... however 5 months use !... EDIT: I did rotate the pegs last season as I had worn the knurling smooth..

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Stu, v. annoying on such an expensive boot.
I hazard a guess: like me, it looks like you use your back brake once a month (to clean the disc)?

Stuart, I looked at mine (Daytona Security G3) after reading this and took this photo to show the bottom, they have done about 10k miles on the HP4 in 3 years or so, in fairness I never use the back brake but was wondering if maybe the shower of hot engine oil your boots got courtesy of Dalkeith Motorrad might have accelerated the wear?

1dd4f9faa4b9f7e4cfb821289b4013f4.jpg

I would say that most of the wear on mines are with walking.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Stu, v. annoying on such an expensive boot.
I hazard a guess: like me, it looks like you use your back brake once a month (to clean the disc)?
Exactly..like you I never touch it except at traffic lights. I just thought if I don't address this then it it will be worn through to the sole next season... just surprised to see the big gap in the pimpled part.

Last edited:
Stuart, I looked at mine (Daytona Security G3) after reading this and took this photo to show the bottom, they have done about 10k miles on the HP4 in 3 years or so, in fairness I never use the back brake but was wondering if maybe the shower of hot engine oil your boots got courtesy of Dalkeith Motorrad might have accelerated the wear?

1dd4f9faa4b9f7e4cfb821289b4013f4.jpg

I would say that most of the wear on mines are with walking.

JimmyMac
Aye actually thats a good point..they were soaked...how do you prove it tho Jimmy..that said I would have thought the component parts of the boots individually have a decent resistance to various oils...Engine..Diesel...etc...who knows but food for thought.

Reply from FC Moto, nothing from manufacturer..

Had a quick glance, not exactly encouraging...

Hello,
Thank you for your message.
You are welcome to send us the product and we will process a complaint at the manufacturer.
Please add the completed return document to the package, along with a copy of the invoice. The goods have to be in a clean condition, otherwise we have to charge a cleaning fee of 50 ?. If the complaint is rejected by the manufacturer, then any shipping costs will be charged on your account. Other reasons that lead to a rejection of the complaint are arbitrarily performed repairs / modifications and damage to helmets due to an impact.
Please note that the claim period for protective clothing and helmets needs about 4-6 weeks to be completed because it passes through no standardized method with regard to safety and is carefully edited.
If a warranty case can be confirmed, we will promptly repair or replace the item, depending on the type of damage. If the deficiencies examination leads to a rejection of a guarantee case, we will consequently reject the repair or replacement with a new article.
Unfortunately, we have no influence to the complaint handling at the manufacturer, therefore it may take some time to complete the case.
Once we receive the item back (repaired or new), we will arrange the shipping immediately.
Of course you can send us the products even after the season, but please pay attention to the statutory warranty period of 2 years.
Some manufacturers, such as Rukka, offer an additional guarantee beyond this period. If this applies to your case, you can send us the article even after the statutory warranty period expired.
We offer a discounted Return Label via DHL for many countries, which you can buy from us. You can benefit from the conditions that we have negotiated exclusively for our customers.
For the following countries, we offer this discounted Return Label, see http://www.fc-moto.de/DHL-Return-Label
Should you have any questions, I will be glad to assist you.
Mit freundlichen Gr??en / with kind regards
Mohamed El-Aichti - Customer Service
Kontakt
Fon: +4924054950050
Fax: +4924054950051
Web: www.FC-Moto.de
E-Mail: [email protected]
FC-Moto GmbH & Co. KG
Aachener Str. 21 ? 23
52146 W?rselen - Germany
Amtgericht Aachen, HRA 8561
USt-ID-Nr. DE299599736
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pers. haftende Komplement?rin: FC-Moto Verwaltungs-GmbH
vertreten durch Gesellschafter-Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Farshid Chalatbari
Sitz der Gesellschaft: W?rselen
Amtsgericht Aachen, HRB 19394

-----Urspr?ngliche Daten-----
Datum: 12.08.2018 16:32:15
Von: <[email protected]>
An: <[email protected]>
Betreff: General request 6130320
Vorgang: P-0000955226-29

Betreff: General request

Bestell Nummer: 6130320

Ihre Nachricht an uns: Hey, I purchased these Daytonas end of last year, I never used them till April 2018 due to the severe winter in the UK, we were snowed in till the end of March.

I have covered maybe 4500 miles and notice now the Right Hand Sole is worn very badly... these are expensive boots, I would expect maybe 3 years at least without problems. My Sidi Vortice lasted 6 seasons with one sole plate change. Can you advise please.

I can send images to you if required.

Stuart

Last edited:
Back