Mallory Park / Rockingham Hotel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hampton by Hilton near Rockingham has a carpark right outside so you can sleep near your bike. You could probably chain it to one of the bollards by the entrance to keep it secured. The rooms are a bit crap but the price reflects that. There is a Wetherspoons next door for food and drink, not sure there are many, if any fruit flies about, the local lasses are good eyeball food. :)

Btw, York is the best place to live in the UK.

Thanks for the tip, Andy.
I lived in Leicester for 6 years as a pish poor student. Can't believe I missed out on all that track action.

Rockingham's on the edge of Corby, your bike will be fine. +1 on York

The Hampton by Hilton near Rockingham has a carpark right outside so you can sleep near your bike. You could probably chain it to one of the bollards by the entrance to keep it secured. The rooms are a bit crap but the price reflects that. There is a Wetherspoons next door for food and drink, not sure there are many, if any fruit flies about, the local lasses are good eyeball food. :)

Btw, York is the best place to live in the UK.

I stopped at that hotel a few weeks ago, thought it was really good for the price and seemed a decent enough area security wise.

Good recommendation Andy, thanks.
Room and breakfast great.
Nice little outdoor cubby hole on RHS of entrance lobby for the RR.
OOI, does the toolkit come with a spare bulb? I?ve got tyre repair kit stuffed in there and it?s a beetch to getting all back in.
Had to ride here last night on full beam, managed to pish off half of Northamptonshire.

For the spare bulb, you could always swap the high beam and put that in the low beam to get you home. Or if your at Rockingham nip into the Adsa and see what they have.

Or day 2...........
Jimmy. I can't stand being told what to do so I had myself a nice low side on the last session. Spent this afternoon at A&E checking out my rib-cage thanks to some fecker at Rockingham Track thinking it's a good fecking idea to put a fecking kerb on a fecking s-bend, presumably to stop fecking car drivers cutting the fecking corner. Ow. H

Jimmy. I can't stand being told what to do so I had myself a nice low side on the last session. Spent this afternoon at A&E checking out my rib-cage thanks to some fecker at Rockingham Track thinking it's a good fecking idea to put a fecking kerb on a fecking s-bend, presumably to stop fecking car drivers cutting the fecking corner. Ow. H
GWS H!
Hope it doesn’t put you off, much damage? FWIW, I’ve had broken ribs on at least 3 occasions, there’s little they can do I think. 6 weeks of discomfort with little progress, but then they suddenly heal up overnight.
Good luck with the logistics...

Sorry to hear of this Hugh, hope you make a speedy and full recovery and that the bike is not too costly to repair!

I think this is an excuse for some Negroni?s to help with pain management, Doc?s orders [emoji6]

- Oli

GWS H!
Hope it doesn’t put you off, much damage? FWIW, I’ve had broken ribs on at least 3 occasions, there’s little they can do I think. 6 weeks of discomfort with little progress, but then they suddenly heal up overnight.
Good luck with the logistics...
Thanks Z. Not gonna put me off, looking forward to the next Brands Evening. Bike is is pretty good nick considering we both hit that 'kerb' (sorry for swearing earlier, just checked it out on a youtube video, hadn't noticed it before. I'll post it up).
Jolly decent chap called George who runs "Major" Track bike hire helped me check it over. New LHS R&G bung required, few scratches which I'm fine about. Engine casing scratch I'll cover up with something, I'd been meaning to get something...
Thanks for your advice on ribs, never bust one before.

Sorry to hear of this Hugh, hope you make a speedy and full recovery and that the bike is not too costly to repair! I think this is an excuse for some Negroni’s to help with pain management, Doc’s orders [emoji6]- Oli

Thanks Oli. Gonna get her checked out next week. Hoping my new mate George was right

Sorry to hear you slipped off, do you know what you did wrong?

Any idea on the damage to you and the bike?

Are you able to get home?

- Alex

Bad luck on the off, hope bones and metal repair quickly. By the sounds of it you won't be rushing back to Rockingham, so re Mallory, I've always used the Ambion Court hotel in Dadlington. nice pub on the green opposite, and used to making early brekkie for bikers needing to get to sign on.

not sure of all the available configurations at Rockingham but I've always thought both tracks were better for 600s...

Sorry to hear you slipped off, do you know what you did wrong?

Any idea on the damage to you and the bike?

Are you able to get home?

- Alex
Thanks Alex. Rode home, took it carefully at first but that bike is solid. What a beast the RR is. Guy in the garage next to me wrote his R6 off, yikes.
I know exactly what went wrong. A funny non standard component that I always fit myself. It's a sort of 'nut' that connects the handlebars to the seat and pegs...

Bad luck on the off, hope bones and metal repair quickly. By the sounds of it you won't be rushing back to Rockingham, so re Mallory, I've always used the Ambion Court hotel in Dadlington. nice pub on the green opposite, and used to making early brekkie for bikers needing to get to sign on.
not sure of all the available configurations at Rockingham but I've always thought both tracks were better for 600s...

Thanks Rick, I didn't make it to Mallory unfortunately, had a family problem to deal with unexpectedly. Riding to a hotel the night before for an early fresh start was great though. I'll check out
Ambion Court hotel for Mallory. My kids will ROFL at me staying in "Dadlington".

Last edited:
Is that the last right before the chicane that then comes back left on to the oval? How did you hit the kerb lowside when its on the inside of the corner?
It's the double S at the end of School straight. I low-sided on the first turn, momentum sent me and the bike into the next kerb. The screengrab is from a bike that hasn't low-sided on the left hander and is now lined up for the immediate right hander.

Last edited:
Back