Advise the pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demmel

Reaction score
Good afternoon! I am the owner of s1000rr 2012. After the Brembo RC pads have run out, now before choosing what to put. I really like them.I look closely at the SBS 870 Dual Carbon. RCS19 and brake steel lines are already installed. 60% are used on the track and 40% of the time on the street.

I had the brembo pads, feel fairly good but fade on track.

Then went ferodo sinister and loved them, great feel didn't fade them once.

Now I'm on ebc, to much bite imo really not good for the mid corner I'm going to hit that person who just rolled off in front of me! But no fade.

So I'm saying try the ferodo sinisterd pads.

Last edited:
I can not decide between Brembo RC and SBS 870 Dual Carbon. The second is slightly cheaper

Now I'm on ebc, to much bite imo really not good for the mid corner I'm going to hit that person who just rolled off in front of me! But no fade.

What is the name of the model of these Ferodo pads?

Brake Pads

60% are used on the track and 40% of the time on the street.

I would personally avoid dual compound brake pads if you are using the bike on the road or in the wet. You will get much better results using a sintered brake pad as you don?t have to generate as much heat to get them to work properly.

OEM Brake Pads

The OEM Brembo brake pads are pretty good on track as well.

Are you talking specifically about which Brembo model? Z 04 or RC? Rarely do I hear bad reviews about them

Re: Brake Pads

I would personally avoid dual compound brake pads if you are using the bike on the road or in the wet. You will get much better results using a sintered brake pad as you don’t have to generate as much heat to get them to work properly.
What is the Brembo RC series better than the SC series?

Brembo Z04

... Z 04? Rarely do I hear bad reviews about them

The only negative point you will hear about Brembo Z04 brake pads is regarding their cost. They are Brembo?s pinnacle race only brake pad and they are exceptional on track but completely wasted on the road.

Brembo Brake Pads

What is the Brembo RC series better than the SC series?

They are completely different brake pads and designed for different uses and this is reflected by the pad material used by Brembo. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages.

There is another question. At my friend Aprilia RSV1000 R. There the calipers is externally one in one as a stock on S1000rr ? Attached the photo. They are identical?
43e5e5406cff.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Re: Brembo Brake Pads

They are completely different brake pads and designed for different uses and this is reflected by the pad material used by Brembo. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages.
can you briefly describe the advantages and disadvantages of these two pads? RC and SC. This will be decisive in my choice

Back