DDC Fail Code displayed "DDC!"

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldm

Reaction score
Hi to everyone!

I am having an issue with the DDC on my bmw s1000rr 2016.

Last Saturday while I was riding I started seeing on intermittent basis the yellow light error symbol on the dash and the code ?DDC!? displayed.
Does this happen to anyone before?

So far, when I can say is that:
-Same it is showed on flashing/intermittent basis and independently of the speed (at low or high speed seems the same)
-I have done the CALIB of the DDC without errors (I started that bike, leave it on side stand, selected the option ?CALIB? is then it showed ?DONE?
-I take out two led lights (no can bus) I have previously installed as a running lights, in order to avoid any possible CAN BUS error. Then I select the option ?LAMP WARNING OFF? so I did not see the light error for this anymore
-I have disconnected the (+) of the battery for 30 minutes in order to reset the ECU.

As a guidance, pls find a quick video I have made with the bike at home.
You will see the error I mentioned on second 5, 6, 18, 24, 26.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRQTZAn-FF0&feature=youtu.be

Any toughts?

Thanks in advance for your help and collaboration!

Always disconnect the negative (-) / and connect it last.
It genuinely makes a difference.

- Alex

hi alex,

thanks for the advise.
will give a try to see if something change.

keep u posted

Make sure the rear is bounced before calib. The sensor can jam if dirty. ( the little rod potentiometer)

- Alex

DDC Fail Code Displayed "DDC!"

Check both the front and rear DDC plugs and ensure that they are clean and connected properly. If they are loose or unplugged the bike will display the ?DDC!? error code. After that check the rear potentiometer for full and free movement and check that the battery terminals are tightened properly. If the bike then continues to display the error code, even if it?s calibrating, you may actually have a fault with the DDC system which your local dealership should be able to fix.

hi everyone one!

hope today can do a check on all the stuff you mentioned here

-disconnect the (-)
-check front plug: is this the one on the top of the front fork?
-check rear plug: is this the plug inserted on a little black "box" nearby the rear shock lever?
-check the potenciometer: what would be this?

if you can guide me with some pictures to see which are the parts to be checked it would be highly appreciated!

The thin metal rod separate to the shock body is the potentiometer. It signals the shock travel to the ecu.

- Alex

DDC Fail Code Displayed "DDC!"

To check the plugs simply follow the cable running from the top of the left fork leg and from the base of the rear suspension unit. You will clearly see the rear potentiometer as it is mounted to the swingarm to the left of the shock.

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to give an update here.

1- I checked the battery (with the tester) and all was OK and in good order.
So I took the battery out of the bike and cleaned the negative terminal

2- I took out the 2 (two) led bulbs 5w5 fron the front lights. I suspected that could be an issue with the can bus system, since those were not of the "best" quality"

3- Leave the bike without the battery for some hours in order to reset the ECU.

4- Tried to CALIB with the bike OFF, but Calib failed.
Then I turn it on, and tried again. The bike first failed, but at the 3rd try it showed "DONE"

So far no warning lights on the dash and all seems to be working properly.
If any news I will let u you know.

Thanks all for the help here!!!

Back