Three Sisters & Cadwell

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
Anyone got any tips?
Am I right in thinking Three Sisters doesn't have traditional pits? So a generator and gazebo will be a good shout?

I've booked on for this Saturday and then the 28th for both, can't wait.

Three Sisters & Cadwell Park

If you want to use tyre warmers you will need to take a generator to both circuits as power is extremely limited. There are also no pit garages at either track so taking an awning or gazebo is worthwhile.

Legend, thanks mate.
Luckily I have both so should be ok, just hope the weather holds out for both days.

Any tips on the tracks themselves?!

Three Sisters & Cadwell Park

Take your time learning the racing line as both tracks are narrow and complicated. It?s hard to achieve a fast lap at either without circuit knowledge. I would highly recommend spending a session at each with an instructor to learn the lines as that will pay dividends and help build your confidence.

Any tips on the tracks themselves?!

Haven't heard of Three Sisters, but have done a lot of time at Cadwell. If there is one corner to be careful on as a newbie it is Hairpin, after the Hall Bends. Hairpin is shaded by overhanging trees which can make it greasy and damp, as well as crap off the trees on the surface. It is also off camber. Added to that it is the first proper right after exiting the pits, it tends to be the one corner most people crash (lowside) with cold tyres. The rest of the track just needs learning as there is a lot of elevation changes which reduces sight lines. Overall it is a great track to ride and rewards smooth, consistent lines.

This may sound silly but the ramp down to the collecting area and also from the collecting area down onto the track are off camber and can be slippy when wet at Cadwell. I have seen people slide off in both places before now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Three Sister is mainly a karting track so I assume its very narrow and not ideal for sports bikes? However its cheap and i'm sure it fun. It's on my to do list soon as it's nearby.

Three Sisters

I have only been there once in the past and I was riding a 600. Whilst it is an ACU approved circuit run-off in certain areas isn't exactly great but it does have a good selection of corners. For me having ridden there I have no real desire to ever go back even if trackdays there are very cheap. To be honest there are far better, and safer, tracks around the UK to visit which have much better facilities.

Didn't really enjoy Three Sisters today, hard work and I don't think I'm built for something so tight and technical. Did get my knee down for the first time though so feeling pretty happy about that.
Roll on Cadwell in a couple of weeks.

Three Sisters & Cadwell

Didn't really enjoy Three Sisters today, hard work and I don't think I'm built for something so tight and technical. Did get my knee down for the first time though so feeling pretty happy about that.
Roll on Cadwell in a couple of weeks.

Congratulations on getting your knee down! [emoji41]
Roll on Cadwell as you say for more knee down action!

- Oli

Last edited:
Cadwell today, that track is a million times better than I ever imagined, awesome day and I felt really good all day. Could only book into the Novice group so was a bit worried but managed to find clear track most of the time and didn't have many hold ups.
Was pretty much the fastest in the group that I saw, was 2 who were a bit quicker but both had bog accidents far outstretching their ability, luckily no serious injuries though.

Bike performed almost faultlessly apart from 1 false neutral. Got some really nice pictures so will upload a couple tomorrow. Riding is coming on loads learning to be smoother on and off the brakes and throttle, god bless youtube videos!

just cause you crash doesnt mean you ride above your ability,, marquez crashes

Unless there's a mechanical issue or someone else puts you off track then generally it's not being able to control what you're trying to do, surely? Either way he came past me and a mate far too fast and then panicked, handful of front brake whilst he was at full lean and got spat off.

Back