Pair valve cam cover blanking plates

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chocolatier

Reaction score
I know Alpha sell some pretty nice cam cover blanking plates but they are hidden from sight and expensive for what they are. Anyway I found DRD produced their own version of them, they fit perfectly, accept the factory O ring and cost far less, like ?22 a pair, I did forget to take a pic of them fitted but its not the end of the world as I said they can't be seen so no bling factor needed.

https://www.shop.drdracingproducts.com/product.sc?productId=152&categoryId=15

They will also do custom machine work, I have a couple of things I want made to try ideas so fingers crossed they can help without breaking the bank :)

I know Alpha sell some pretty nice cam cover blanking plates but they are hidden from sight and expensive for what they are. Anyway I found DRD produced their own version of them, they fit perfectly, accept the factory O ring and cost far less, like ?22 a pair, I did forget to take a pic of them fitted but its not the end of the world as I said they can't be seen so no bling factor needed.

https://www.shop.drdracingproducts.com/product.sc?productId=152&categoryId=15

They will also do custom machine work, I have a couple of things I want made to try ideas so fingers crossed they can help without breaking the bank :)
Cheers for the link I need to get this done for the next euro track assault.

- Alex

Secondary Air System

Ideally you want to fit them at the same time as installing a full system and prior to having the bike mapped. By fitting the covers it just means that the A-F ratio will be more accurate as you no longer need to use clamps. It also saves a little bit of weight as the secondary air system is made up of quite a few parts. If you have already had the bike mapped it?s just easier to leave the system in place as you have to remove the fuel tank to access it which is somewhat time consuming. On race bikes it?s one of the first things that gets removed, along with all the other road going paraphernalia, when the bike is stripped.

I think there's a cheaper simpler way, where you just clamp a hose...pretty sure that's what they did on the dyno. No weight saving but the result is the same.

Secondary Air System

...where you just clamp a hose...pretty sure that's what they did on the dyno...

Any competent Dyno operator will clamp the hoses on a bike when mapping it if the SAS is still in place. This clamping is what leads to marginal inaccuracies with the A-F ratio and why removing it and installing covers is the best way to achieve a more accurate reading.

Best indeed. But the hose was enough to map.

I was thinking of getting the RapidBikeRace WBO2 sensor which does need the pair to be closed off...so I would do it properly in that case.

- Alex

Secondary Air System

Clamping the hoses is normally perfectly adequate for mapping purposes on road and trackday bikes. It only becomes an issue if you a building a competitive race bike for MRO, SSTK etc where you are looking to gain every possible advantage, however small, within the confines of the rules.

Back