Gen1 or Gen3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graemerr5

Reaction score
Do i upgrade my gen1 track bike i.e. suspension and such or do i upgrade to a gen 3. Is the gen 3 worth the extra money or is it better spent on upgrades to my gen 1 what do you think ...cheers

No much use me commenting on the track perspective for you Graeme, but from a road bike view.
Both bikes are good but the Gen 3 is a lot more refined, not really sure how the differences would be on a track comparison as a lot of track guys switch off the refinements and change shockers etc.

Whatever way you go, enjoy the tinkering.

JimmyMac

Track Use

From a track perspective I would personally invest in a 2015+ model as the electronics (DTC etc) are much more refined.

probably gen 1; as you are tracking it, probably change suspension and have a remap anyway. And heated grips, cruise control no use - mind the auto blipper would be good!

Gen1 and put a blipper on, that was my solution. Sorted :)

I'm never going to be fast enough to use what I've got properly anyway :)

How does gen1 traction compare to gen3 and how good is the semi active suspension and are they worth the extra cash ..

How does gen1 traction compare to gen3 and how good is the semi active suspension and are they worth the extra cash ..

The TC is vastly improved which is unsurprising given several years worth of development between the different models. The electronic DDC is fine for fast trackday use but like any suspension it benefits significantly from being properly set up and correct spring rates fitted.

Back