Sunday 3rd August loop

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Cracking run today...Left Dumbarton 8ish am... clear run up Loch Lomondside...decided to head to Loch Tay, Aberfelday and on to Ballinluig Diner for a breakfast which was tasty as ever...bit the Bullet and headed North on the A9 to Dalwhinnie..a painful 30 miles at 60 mph due to ave speed cams... well worth the tedium tho...when we hit the A86 I told my mate to keep going if I stopped for pics, he would wait at Spean Bridge for me...so stopped twice took some snaps and decided I would catch some more along the way.. anyhow I was nicking on and caught up with a bunch of guys out for a Sunday run..eased passed them all one at a time...looked in my mirror and seen a guy on a KTM Supermoto sitting tight on the corners.....excellent !....hit the superfast bits and held off a bit fpr him, it was cat and mouse for around 20 miles..we caught up with my mate 3 miles from Spean Bridge, pulled up at the junction and had a quick chat with the KTM guy..he was totally buzzing, smiling from ear to ear..he'd never ridden the road before and was out with that Sunday bunch he seen I had my camera on, he loved the road..no surprise there mind you.....so me and my mate headed thru Glen Coe to Tyndrum, I'm thinking the A86 blast will make for good viewing later..pulled in to the Welly and seen my not cheap camera and 32 gig card had snapped off the mount... arggghh... lol.. aw well. Just need to do it again sometime..bugger !
1841c8b607df76afa5e6512bfa181d19.jpg
f4e311c21605de5576e4e942cddd886c.jpg
c053b356f838207b191a3c3e9d220d56.jpg
f1c671e2de3d116b1e81b1b696937bef.jpg
e45327a9885d30ca0c03e2dca1e6b6b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good day but bad day Stuart, nice pics but mind report the loss to the Polis, you'd be surprised how many honest folk there are out there.
It could be sitting in a Police Office just waiting for you to call. Bear in mind if you don't report it and it has been handed in 9 times out of 10 it ends up in a job lot of stuff that gets bought by some shopkeeper who will profit from your loss.

least you had great weather, I spent the day trundling up the M6 for 8 hours from down south, managed to break into Soofys pad on the way down to Englandshire on Friday, couldn't find any valuables other than an old car jack and his Irn-Bru stash, lol.

JimmyMac

Great little story - thanks

Nearly lost a camera myself the other day, at Cadwell, rear facing one decided to come loose and was bouncing around by the end of the session :eek:
Are you sure you didn't kick it off getting back on the bike?

That sounds like a craicing run!!! They are brilliant roads!!!

I'd be cautious about reporting camera to the cops, just in case there is any moments of madness recorded, that they don't like.

It was facing backwards Kenny, if not showing the clocks they are useless for evidential purposes, even timing between two fixed points cannot be used in court unless it is an approved, calibrated and Police controlled camera.

Very boring technicalities which arise from 'Companding' which is the compression and expansion of digital images, f13k me I'm even boring myself, lol.

More likely it will show Stuart getting overtaken by a 250 scooter (two up) that managed to turn into a KTM riding god for the purposes of Stuarts ego, hehe.

JimmyMac

It was facing backwards Kenny, if not showing the clocks they are useless for evidential purposes, even timing between two fixed points cannot be used in court unless it is an approved, calibrated and Police controlled camera.

Very boring technicalities which arise from 'Companding' which is the compression and expansion of digital images, f13k me I'm even boring myself, lol.

More likely it will show Stuart getting overtaken by a 250 scooter (two up) that managed to turn into a KTM riding god for the purposes of Stuarts ego, hehe.

JimmyMac

Defo report it missing then. Might be worth checking your house insurance as well, as you may be covered for items away from the house.

As sad as it is Jimmy, it always good to know boring technicalities. I'd never of reported a camera missing, if it had any bike videos on it, just in case there was any come back.

Good day but bad day Stuart, nice pics but mind report the loss to the Polis, you'd be surprised how many honest folk there are out there.
It could be sitting in a Police Office just waiting for you to call. Bear in mind if you don't report it and it has been handed in 9 times out of 10 it ends up in a job lot of stuff that gets bought by some shopkeeper who will profit from your loss.

least you had great weather, I spent the day trundling up the M6 for 8 hours from down south, managed to break into Soofys pad on the way down to Englandshire on Friday, couldn't find any valuables other than an old car jack and his Irn-Bru stash, lol.

JimmyMac

Jimmy I intended to stop a few times as there's a couple of really good elevated bits on that road for pics...but me and this KTM guy just got into it...

I already knew youd get **** all out of Soofs, he PM'd me asking for a personal reference..I told him to take the ashtrays and ornaments out of the communal areas and to pat you down before you left...he thinks your off of gypsy stock... must be that East coast accent..hahaha..

Great little story - thanks

Nearly lost a camera myself the other day, at Cadwell, rear facing one decided to come loose and was bouncing around by the end of the session :eek:
Are you sure you didn't kick it off getting back on the bike?
Not conscious of clipping it, but may have done in the past without realising...never thought of that actually..hmmmmm..

That sounds like a craicing run!!! They are brilliant roads!!!

I'd be cautious about reporting camera to the cops, just in case there is any moments of madness recorded, that they don't like.
If they fire that card into a lappie it's going to be question time !..I'd rather let it go...

I've another identical camera anyhow...I'll just buy another mount and card...

Oh btw that SP next to mine was the one I snapped a few weeks ago...and there was an identical one right next to it..so much for not seeing many Blades on the road of late lol...

I've got some gopro tethers if you want one Stu, they stick on next to the mount and if the bracket breaks they stop the camera falling off and being lost forever.

I saw an SP2 as well yesterday, red and white heading south on the M74, first one I have seen on the road too.

Soofy wasn't in when I dropped in so I just and a wee play on his trampoline and rummaged through his bins, lol.

Old habits die hard.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Know the one Jimmy..theres one in the box.. should have used it !..

Last edited:
Back