Hello hoping to be s1000rr owner soon

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince1100

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi just joined. Hoping for advice on insurance, gargage options for secure storage in rear of property to get insurance down or other security options . Do l wait till 2019 before l get a new bike

hoping to chat

Welcome - to both of you as I've not said it to JayT either.

Trackers are more worthwhile than alarms, its usually easier to get them back rather than stopping them going :/
16-19mm chains and heavy duty ground anchors delay them. This site is good https://securityforbikes.com/removable-ground-anchor.php & Almax chains are awesome. http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/
Out and about I carry a Oxford Monster Disc Lock and have a Tracker.

You'll have to search for more ideas :)
Bemoto are a forum sponsor and offer better deals on insurance...helps if you're a Premier Member for other offers and discounts.

Blackbirds a damn fine continent crusher :)

Hi Vince, welcome to the site, my thoughts are buy now and enjoy, you never know what's around the corner so have a bit fun today if possible.

Don't know where you stay but security should always be the best and noisiest you can afford. I, along with others here have Biketrac fitted which I love.

JimmyMac

Hi Vince, given the '19 bike will be revealed in the next couple of months it would make sense to stick with your Blackbird until the covers of the new bike are off, if you ultimately decide to go with the current model there's bound to be some winter bargains to be had too.

Welcome to the forum Vince.

I also would recommend a tracker and a disc-lock for security, and to wait for the launch of the 2019 Gen 4 RR prior to making a purchase decision.

What have been some of your favourite experiences on the Blackbird?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information,

- Oli

Back