Brake pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, SC would be more track focused, from what I can gather from feedback the OEM is better than the SA.

No, SC would be more track focused, from what I can gather from feedback the OEM is better than the SA.
Thanks for your input. I need good pads for the street, not for the track.
I heard the opposite opinion that SA better than OEM.
About the SC I agree with you.

I'll review these GP5s when the weather turns.. Toan says they were spot on for road use...

The S33s he refers to are probably not ideal for even fast road.....possibly too many opportunities to lose optimum working temperature... that said.. 22 quid a set for my Calipers... could be a find or could be a sphincter shrinker....

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

The S33s were great on the road as well as the track, the GP5s are more track focused but I haven't tried them on the road . The S33s just felt great straight out of the box worked great from cold and hot. I do alot of trackdays and find the s33 brilliant. The wear rate is excellent also. I use them in my Haybusa road bike too and can't fault them.

The S33s were great on the road as well as the track, the GP5s are more track focused but I haven't tried them on the road . The S33s just felt great straight out of the box worked great from cold and hot. I do alot of trackdays and find the s33 brilliant. The wear rate is excellent also. I use them in my Haybusa road bike too and can't fault them.
Really.. musta been someone else then lol..

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Hi guys

Just to refresh this thread.

I've got my first trackday at Snetterton at the end of the month and want to change the pads as they're getting quite low. I mainly ride fast road but hope to get 4/5 trackdays in aswell this year.

Looking at the suggestions above and whats available I've comedown to:

Goldfren S33
Goldfren GP5
SBS 870HS (oe replacement compound)
SBS 870RS (suitable for combined road and track bike)

I know a couple of you had replaced with the Goldfren GP5, so wondered how you'd got on with them over the last couple of months?

Welcome any other feedback.

Many thanks

I'm more than happy with the Goldfren GP5s I fitted in February...every bit as good as the last couple of SBS sintereds and a set of OE I've gone through. Fast road only for me..no track.

I paid 32 quid for an axle set.. (HP4) so excellent value for money. No hesitation in buying again.

Thumbs up from me...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm more than happy with the Goldfren GP5s I fitted in February...every bit as good as the last couple of SBS sintereds and a set of OE I've gone through. Fast road only for me..no track.

I paid 32 quid for an axle set.. (HP4) so excellent value for money. No hesitation in buying again.

Thumbs up from me...

Glad you finally built up the courage to test them 😂. I preferred the s33 compound over the gp5 and at ?22 an axle set from M&P for my gen one as opposed to ?49.99 for the gp5 race compound even better. Goes to show price snobbery doesn't always pay. I preferred the s33 on track never tried the gp5 on the road. Currently using one of my gen 1s as a road bike and the s33s are brilliant on the road too

Honestly I find them just fine..I suppose like most on here I'm always looking for that extra bit of magic from the front brakes, but for the price they are very good.

Back