Screen

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malic1212

Reaction score
Bought myself a new s1000rr and trying to decide the best one to get. Looking at a solid black double bubble. Anyone got any opinions on brands?

Bought myself a new s1000rr and trying to decide the best one to get. Looking at a solid black double bubble. Anyone got any opinions on brands?

OEM for me Davy, much more substantial than Puig (Which I tried) and others like MRA which I looked at but never bought.

JimmyMac

Considering that I did very little road riding on my S1000RR I thought the OEM screen was pretty good. Having seen BMW?s own double bubble version I would have certainly bought one for the build quality and clarity alone. That and you certainly won?t have any fitment issues with it. For race fairings I use MRA screens which are excellent. I personally only like clear screens as it?s always useful to actually be able to see through it!

OEM for me Davy, much more substantial than Puig (Which I tried) and others like MRA which I looked at but never bought.

JimmyMac

Forgot to say I use the high screen even though I'm Wee.
Wouldn't go solid black, as Rys says you have to be able to see through it, tint is factory finish on HP4.

Last edited:
I’ve got the HP tall screen on mine. They’re stupid expensive for what they are, but they look the best IMO.

Hey Malic. I gotta black and white SKRR with red decals (I painted the red sideys on the stock, click here to see a study of the colour scheme).
I decided solid black double-bubble looked best. It's an MRA, I did it myself which means it was very easy to do, and fitted just fine, I left the edge strip off coz it looked minging and was noticeably noisier even with plugs in.
Looking through the screen? Lol. I reckon Jimmy and Ry must be regular visitors to the 200mph club coz it's just fine for me at 168mph in a crouch and I'm very tall (the SKRR is by far the best litre sportsbike for tall people. I tried 'em all).
MRA do tint and clear if you bottle out of all black.
-
Photo 25-02-2018, 15 25 33.jpg

Last edited:
If ya want a screen then there is nothing better than the one I was given, last used before fitting my bike at the RST-Superbike TT. It might be large but flat on the tank till the brake marker and seeing everything through it :)

Tim @ Lind calls it my RR snow shovel, I don't mind as next to no wind buffeting at all. Its OTT for the road but on track its perfect

20180731_200814.jpg

20 mph is plenty as the signs say Hugh, lol.

Some of us normal sized humans have to see through the screen when sitting upright.

JimmyMac

Cheers guys. I’m no sure ?190 is something I want to spend on a screen. Unless the price from the Motorrad website I was looking at was wrong. True about he colour though. Solid black is probably a daft idea. I can’t see properly at the best of times. Better not rock the boat. :chuncky:

You'll get an MRA double-bubble for ?60 Malic. Solid, tinted or clear.
As Jimmy says, give the solid a miss if you're a Munchkin. Lol. H

Back