Hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnytattoo

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls.
I picked up my first S1000RR last week so the first thing I?ve done is to sign up to this forum.
I do track and road riding and have always had GSXR-750 bikes for both.
Last year I parted ways with the road gsxr and bought a Panigale 899. Wow the V-twin takes a bit of getting used to after 8 years on in-line 4?s. Good road bike though with 143bhp at the wheel now.
Being mid to fast end of the fast group on the 750 at track days I?ve taken the plunge into the 1000s.
There?s only one choice for me, that?s the S1000RR!
After searching the usual places online for months I?ve bought a 2014 HP4 track bike.
I?m itching to use it!
Just need a few spares including the pricey spare set of wheels for wet days and I?m there.
I have Donnington booked for the end of August and can?t wait to ride it.

Glad to be part of the forum guys
Jonny

Welcome Jonny,

HP4 will make a great weapon, make sure you get the suspension and geo setup for YOU, it's key to the whole bike working. I recommend MCT in Stowemarket but there are other good places out there. KRG in the north.
I fancy a 750 for the track, because I need to learn to corner better, and taking the power and investment cost away helps that...but I'll likely never bother lol.

Welcome to the forum Jonny and congratulations on your new HP4!

Great welcome post, enjoy the anticipation as you await your first ride onboard the new steed [emoji41]
Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Last edited:
Thanks guys and thanks for the heads up on set up. I will check out KRG as I'm based in Yorkshire.
I've learnt so much from the 750 in the 4 years of track riding and can't recommend it enough.

Welcome Jonny,

HP4 will make a great weapon, make sure you get the suspension and geo setup for YOU, it's key to the whole bike working. I recommend MCT in Stowemarket but there are other good places out there. KRG in the north.
I fancy a 750 for the track, because I need to learn to corner better, and taking the power and investment cost away helps that...but I'll likely never bother lol.

Buy a 10 year old GSXR750, track it for a couple of years and sell it for what you paid for it Alex - those things are virtually depreciation proof.. Last time I was at Donington a bloke had one with slicks and I didn't see which way he went - probably as much a reflection of my infrequent track riding - but I was well impressed

Last edited:
Back