Exhaust flap servomotor fault. Help

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tofty88

Reaction score
2012 s1000rr with Austin racing can and link pipe and pcv. Owned the bike just over a year now with no issues. Last couple of times my bike has gone into limp mode and would not go over 3000rpm and I had to be picked up on one occasion. The other time I turned the bike off for 20 mins and then it was fine after that. My bike was in bmw yesterday for a service and it had the fault code 002849 exhaust flap servomotor. Has anybody had this?? Cheers. Neil

2012 s1000rr with Austin racing can and link pipe and pcv. Owned the bike just over a year now with no issues. Last couple of times my bike has gone into limp mode and would not go over 3000rpm and I had to be picked up on one occasion. The other time I turned the bike off for 20 mins and then it was fine after that. My bike was in bmw yesterday for a service and it had the fault code 002849 exhaust flap servomotor. Has anybody had this?? Cheers. Neil

If the flap is removed it will show this fault, shouldn't affect the running of the bike though.
On switch on the bike control cables cycle forward and back opening and closing the flap to ensure it is free to move, if it is jammed open or closed or removed the bike will record a fault.

Nothing to worry about.

JimmyMac

Thanks for your reply as I no nothing about this. The bike will start up and ride perfectly fine. I was out on Thursday night and done about 80 miles. On the last 5 miles it went to limp mode. Pulled over at a pub for 20 mins had a drink and then rode home as if it never happened. It?s very intermittent. And bmw cleared all the faults and it?s only the servomotor that has stayed

What were the error codes that they cleared Tofty?

JimmyMac

They were old ones. The most recent ones were oxygen sensors and one for my indicator. When taking my fairings off I have noticed the plug for the oxygen sensors was unpluged. Is that normal?

It will ride perfect and then will go to limp mode and won?t go above 3000 rpm with lots of popping and flames out the exhaust. It?s only done it twice and it?s intermittent. I?m worried it will do this at high speed so need to get it sorted asap. My bike has got the standard headers with ar can and link pipe. And the servo and cables is still connected at the front on the header pipes

O2 sensors are disconnected when fitting power commanders/ Bazzaz units to pre 17 RR's.

If you have one fitted leave the O2 disconnected.

Look for a 'servo buddy' to plug into the loom to disable servo errors.

- Alex

Is there any servo buddies in particular I should get or will any do the job. am I rite in saying that the exhaust flap servomotor is on the left hand side on the frame and then goes to the down pipes? And would a servo buddy not effect the way the bike performs? Cheers for your reply

From what I described in my previous post, is that the servo I should be looking at. Is that the only one that comes on the bike. That exhaust was on the bike when I bought it so I?m unsure what the previous owner had done when he had the exhaust and pcv fitted and if there was another servo where the cat used to be

There are 2. 1 front one rear.
Front is on the neck of the frame on the clutch side.
Can't recall the location at the rear. But the rear would have been played with if there was a decat fitted.

Cheers mate. So the fault that my bmw dealer got was the exhaust flap servomotor with the code 002849. Could that be the rear one?

Back