Car Trolley Jack Recommendations Please?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So as an update... jack and axle stands arrived yesterday. Glad I ordered a low profile jack, had little chance of getting the car high enough to use the axle stands (I was a wuss and got the wheel off the ground and stopped there) so I used some bricks and a rubber pad as the 'emergency' stop whilst leaving the jack in place. Took the wheel down to the repair place and dropped it off early doors this morning. Got a call on the way home that the wheel is unrepairable, even though they looked at it last week and booked it in. Proper waste of time.

At least now I know how to jack my car up lol.

Fwiw, Driving it on to a block of wood to raise it all is another option when jacking.

Shame the wheel is fubar, but once material is missing its missing...

- Alex

Ffs what a waste of money... below is the TRUTH
655752be8c5225a4011e8405f512e4bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Andy, they may be correct about it not being repairable, but it didn't look too bad to me. Sometimes even if some material missing it can be fixed by welding/cutting.

Worth getting a second opinion. Try sending photos to Lepsons in Gillingham, Kent. They do a courier service throughout U.K.

I had a kerbed alloy diamond cut and lacquered & it looks good as new.

Bummer. Are your concerns due to appearance or safety (deflation / structural risk)?
On mine, it's the former and given I don't want to splash on new alloys, I'm gonna get all four sanded and painted, probably a dark colour so the uneven edge is less visible against the tyre.
Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It’s purely asthetics. Its not too bad really but it is noticeable and pisses me off. Sounds a bit daft but I got a tip that nail varnish can sometimes help....so I have put some on (the wheel) to see how/if it improves. If not then I think I will go for that second opinion, and/or get them repainted black and move on. My wife’s mini wheels are black, she scuffed them less than 24 hours into ownership, black touchup paint worked a treat.

I used Metallic nail varnish on my HP4 wheels when they got scratched at the dealers Andy, it was great match and really hard wearing.

JimmyMac

I've seen it.....in the Sweeney or Z Cars...haha.

Only kidding..it's a sleek brief !

I bought a wee runabout a couple of weeks ago as it had a massive sunroof and air con. Too cheap to pass up.
Like Soofy I?m telling nobody what it is....

a05da30c3cb51905de953c1dde56cdfa.jpg

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here.... It's a Maxi you need Jimmy !

My pal at school used to have one, we used to sit and rock at the traffic lights using the handbrake against the hydro elastic suspension.
British cars, f13king classic.

Picked that wee Mini up for less than the price of a tyre on my Disco. FSH, years MOT and a valet. Canny whack it.

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I owned an old Brown one bought it off a mate for 200 quid when I was 18...great for shxxxing in btw...loads of room[emoji3][emoji97][emoji97][emoji97][emoji97][emoji97]

Last edited:
I owned an old Brown one bought it off a mate for 200 quid when I was 18...great for shxxxing in btw...loads of room[emoji3][emoji97][emoji97][emoji97][emoji97][emoji97]

My pals was a khaki brown colour Reg. KTS 864 P

It got the same backseat treatment as yours, lol.

Sadly I can remember most reggies of the cars I have owned and my pals motors, before we all got old and got cherished transfers.

JimmyMac

Haha.. I'm the same with my older bikes my wee TS50 August 79.. KDS 758V An X7 I had new PUS 563W that was 1980... fucked if I can remember anything from 2 days ago now..early signs of Dementia...

Will certainly stop well with the carbon discs ;-)

The jury is out on the ccbs at the moment. They do the job really really well, but.... heavy use and they wear out surprisingly fast, and replacement discs and pads is heading for ?10k. If the wife finds out I am fucked. :)

Back