Car Trolley Jack Recommendations Please?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't realise the carbon discs would wear, my bosses 599 was 6k for refurbished discs from Germany Inc pads. Big boys toys eh! All good til the maintenance is required[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jimmy I've got you down as an Austin allegro man back in the day, but seen as your a bit posh probably the vanden-plas model and Stu probably the Austin ambassador to cruise around his manor.

Jimmy I've got you down as an Austin allegro man back in the day, but seen as your a bit posh probably the vanden-plas model and Stu probably the Austin ambassador to cruise around his manor.

Posh, your mistaking me with someone who washes their hands after a pish Budgie, lol.
Stu once told me he humped a Princess but I'm sure it was the Ambassador, burnt his tackle on the exhaust.

There were two lassies used to drive an Allegro about the promenade in Leven when I was young and both wore glasses, they would provide you with a BJ at the drop of a hat and MANY of my friends (not me though) took them up on their hospitality. We called their Allegro an 'Egg roll" and it was nicknamed 'The Specky Mobile' pronounced mobeel for all the youngsters who think its a phone.

Anyway, fast forward to about 2 years ago, I met a lad I hadn't seen for about 25 years and we were reminiscing about our youth and our cars, bikes etc. I asked if he remembered the Specky mobile and the dozens of guys that were serviced in it, he went a bit sheepish and said yes, and I asked if he knew what happened to the two of them as I joined the RAF and lost contact with lots of folk but never ever knew what happened to the girls.

You guessed it he married one of them, I felt about 6 inches tall and wished the ground would swallow me up, it was time for a fast exit. I was pushing myself for about an hour, lol.

JimmyMac

Posh, your mistaking me with someone who washes their hands after a pish Budgie, lol.
Stu once told me he humped a Princess but I'm sure it was the Ambassador, burnt his tackle on the exhaust.

There were two lassies used to drive an Allegro about the promenade in Leven when I was young and both wore glasses, they would provide you with a BJ at the drop of a hat and MANY of my friends (not me though) took them up on their hospitality. We called their Allegro an 'Egg roll" and it was nicknamed 'The Specky Mobile' pronounced mobeel for all the youngsters who think its a phone.

Anyway, fast forward to about 2 years ago, I met a lad I hadn't seen for about 25 years and we were reminiscing about our youth and our cars, bikes etc. I asked if he remembered the Specky mobile and the dozens of guys that were serviced in it, he went a bit sheepish and said yes, and I asked if he knew what happened to the two of them as I joined the RAF and lost contact with lots of folk but never ever knew what happened to the girls.

You guessed it he married one of them, I felt about 6 inches tall and wished the ground would swallow me up, it was time for a fast exit. I was pushing myself for about an hour, lol.

JimmyMac

Brilliant jimmy. The BJs must have been very good ;).

I asked if he remembered the Specky mobile and the dozens of guys that were serviced in it, he went a bit sheepish....
JimmyMac

Hahaha.. I got as far as the above and "Married One of them" popped into my head... conversation killer Jimmy lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lol... anyone on here at age 40 or less will be like wtf is an ambassador or an allegro !

Last edited:
Jimmy, just thinking......maybe the other one now lives in the Isle of Man........and owns a homestay in Peel ???
Haha...aye spot on, that's how she was trying to fire in to you, she's 50% of the speccy chicks ...wonder you never recignised her..chortle

Last edited:
You need low profile and good quality. The car should have specific lifting points in the sill. A piece of rubber matt or soft wood on the jack head should prevent damage.
Solid/axle stands for longer term as above.

These look pretty robust...not used them mind.
https://www.sgs-engineering.com/garage-equipment/trolley-jacks

There are special lifting pads too; https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N3QK...&pd_rd_r=f60a9ff1-912c-11e8-876d-9d90189430a3

That?s the trolly jack I use, I can?t remember whether it?s the 2.5 or 3 ton low profile one but it?s awesome, does the job very well. I needed one for my low hatch sti and for working on my track car and Evo, they were up on stands more than I?d like but it had to be done.

Lol... anyone on here at age 40 or less will be like wtf is an ambassador or an allegro !

British Leyland classics. Don't suppose any of you fellows happen to know the where abouts of a Princess or Ambasator gearbox? My mate is desperately trying to get one, as it fits a rover V8, and will fit a mini subframe!

British Leyland classics. Don't suppose any of you fellows happen to know the where abouts of a Princess or Ambasator gearbox? My mate is desperately trying to get one, as it fits a rover V8, and will fit a mini subframe!

British Transport Museum Kenny.

JimmyMac

Back